Feb 24, 2007

Thursday

This seems to be dragging on a bit doesn't it??

The customer who closed at 1PM the previous day, fortunately opens up at 4AM... So I did manage to get an early start... The next customer opens at 8AM, but when I arrived at 6:30 I was greeted with a smile and immediately unloaded.. WOW!! They normally are not a very pleasant customer to deal with, but I grateful for the large favor!!

On to Massachusetts and my final three stops. The folks in Mass are always a pleasure to deal with and will start early or stay late, whatever is needed!! Not to mention, the young "hottie" in Franklin who flirts with me like crazy!! So, I had lunch with him, finished out my trip and was headed home. (Only a short 20 hour drive)

One thing that irked me a little bit on Thursday is that my employer had lied to the customer about why I was two days late. The customer was told that I had umpteen dozen stops that week, but no mention of the difficulties I had faced with the accident, customer closures on Monday, delayed openings and early closings... It really hit me wrong!! In fact , my employer makes it a habit of telling half truths and whole lies... Sheesh, what s up with that?? He does it to take the pressure off of himself. The driver usually gets to reap the effects of his lies...

But hey, I am finished....Ain't nothing gonna break my stride, ain't nothing gonna slow me down Oh No, I got to keep on movin'

I made it back to PA and curled up for the night. After fielding several phone calls from various folks (the Fisherman is really pushin my buttons) I manage to catch some zzzzzs..

One final stop tomorrow to swap out my truck for a loaner and I will be home for some much needed RnR... Although I am done, my nerves are now starting to show the stress I had encountered.... Okay so I am no longer Susy Sunshine at this point!!

No comments: