Feb 24, 2007

Tuesday's Gone With The Wind.........

Okay, lets try this again...

Tuesday morning I am awaiting my 2nd destination to open.....

DONE.

I head out for my next location (17 in all, 2 down 15 to go)....It is only 22 miles away... But that road construction in the middle of winter seems to be delaying my progress a bit... 3 hours to travel 22 miles. Okay DONE.

No problem getting out to Hauppage, Long Island, except for that 1 hour delay on the George Washington Bridge... HMMMMMMM.... I arrived 15 minutes before receiving hours ended, but DONE just the same.

Next, back to Brooklyn. A NEW LOCATION.... It turned out to be within blocks of several other customers I have delivered to , so finding it was a breeze... 5 down, 12 to go... I seem to be picking up momentum here...

I had attempted to make contact with my 5th customer, but to no avail... My dispatcher had made contact and assured me that they would receive up until 6PM... HUH?? Sounds fishy to me.. So after that last stop, I try again ad was told that under no circumstance would they unload anything after 4PM.. It is now 2:45 and I am only 6 miles away.... Too good to be true... ? But remember I am in Brooklyn...

I do make it Astoria Blvd in Queens by 3:45 and after another phone call, I have been told not to bother with trying to proceed... They had 5k of freight on the trailer to be hand unloaded and would not attempt it until the morning. So I head over to the 6th customer... Not to be unloaded, just to find a SAFE place to park...After all, donuts don't really hurt if they hit you... When I got there, Jimmy said he would do whatever it took to make things better for me, but his merchandise was buried under the 5K and told him not to worry with it...

This was a nice break for me... I love Jimmy and Rich and spent the next little bit socializing with them... My day was done anyway!! The previous week, Rich had agreed to be my valentine. I stood him up!! But being the nice guy, that he is, he presented me with some chocolates anyway... Okay, so they were not intended for me, but I showed up at the right place at the right time looking little pathetic....YUMMY!!

So after harassing the UPS man for a bit, the guys had to close up shop and was left to entertain myself...

No problem, with the mounting stress, I was able to kick back and enjoy a movie, and sleep came quickly.......

This is the point where I will remind you that on a normal week, I am unloaded and headed home by Tuesday Evening.... This week I have only managed to get five stops completed....

I am still maintaining my pleasant demeanor!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

When sleep comes quickly, either you are very tired, or you inherited the sleep gene.

Larry

Terry said...

*Clapping wildly*

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to my Daddy!! He is the keeper of the Cornbread Recipe
and the Okra!!

I see you found a way to enter into the comment exchange!!

He has been lurking for awhile, but he is harmless, I assure you!!!

Love ya Daddy!!

Terry said...

BTW, Larry is my Daddy

Sally said...

Sounds like your week was a lot like mine...minus the accident on icy roads. I taught a class at work all week, and I came down with the flu on Wednesday, but I had to tough it out. Now I'm at home on the couch recovering...nothing like the flu to help you lose a few pounds!

Hope your weekend is better than your week!

Terry said...

Thanks Sally!! Bless your heart, I hope you get to feeling better very soon!!!