Feb 10, 2007

Broken Promises

I know, I know....

With all I have "been through" the past few weeks (to tell you the truth, my life is quite charmed) I can take NO MORE!!

I headed out this afternoon to do my weekly errands before rushing off to my next big adventure and well, what do I behold... Road Construction!! Now first let me just say, in my little TOWN, there are only 2 main roads that will take you to Wally World.. Yes I said it... I am supposed to be boycotting Wal-Mart for their actions regarding the damages to my car.. But damn it, there are 2 items that I can only find at WM ad I have been doing without them for 3 months.

So the first roadway is entirely closed due to construction. No problem, I will just head up a few blocks and try the alternate route... It seems that everyone is on the alternate route!!! Which is also under construction... As I wait my turn, to eventually get to the alternate route, I decide to hell with it!!!!! So instead I tackle Target instead.... Cant find what I am looking for, but hey I do need some more gloves to keep my fingers all toasty while I am working... No such luck!! If I needed sandals and shorts or any other spring item I would be in luck... But there was not a single cold weather item available in the entire store....Except COLD medicine. This is only the second week that we have experienced any cold weather in my little town, so I hope everyone stocked up early.... Cuz its all gone...

What to do, what to do.. I get back out into traffic and decide I will try to finagle my way into Wal-mart and after a 25 minute delay (WM is only 1.7 miles away) I finally reach the parking lot and guess what... NO GLOVES!! and the other two items I previously mentioned- OUT OF STOCK. DAMN IT.

Last year, I bought one of those multipacks of gloves. I was set for the whole winter.. But this year I procrastinated and look what it got me..

So I will brave the 2 degree weather in Massachusetts and hope my little fingers don't fall off.

Can any one tell me why we are able to purchase swimsuits in February, but not in August. And gloves in August, but not in February??

9 comments:

Angel said...

holy cow!!! You are so right. I totally LOL'd reading the swimsuit in Feb but not in August thing. Costco has swimsuits in when I was just in there. Hell I'm not ready for a swimsuit yet. No one needs to see my pasty skin yet! Crap... where's that treadmill (thank goodness I gave almost all of the cake away!!)

Rick said...

You can have the extra pair of gloves in the Miata.

Terry said...

Thanks Bro, but you know they are tooooooo big for me... Besides, what would I wear next time I am in my Red Hoodie?? Hmmmmmmm

Yes, thank goodness you gave the cake away... But after you tempted me with all your treats, I did finally give in and CHEAT on my diet!!! Thanks A LOT!!!!

LID said...

We still got some gloves up here Terry, no need to worry... swimsuits too! FYI - Swimsuits are put out in the middle of the winter as "cruise wear." 'Ya know for the lucky bastards who go on cruises and tropical vacations in the middle of the winter...

Angel said...

That's bull LID... they put the swimsuits out because merchandisers think months in advance AND the diet industry wants us ladies to freak out when we see them. They're in cohoots I tell you! And I'm kind-of thinking tanning salons are in there somewhere, give me time to work up the assembly of players in this scandal. *raise eyebrow*

Angel said...

Sorry Terry... I didn't mean to tempt your tummy into cheating, seriously.

Terry said...

Angel, thats okay it really wasnt your fault, but it is so much easier to blame someone else..

LID, good point! Cruises and such, but I think Angel is right. Tanning Salons are definitely in on it. 2 months for the price of 1 (this started Feb 1) And dont forget the Diet Industry, they start campaigning in January to get us ready for those swimsuits in FEB!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Wish you'd said you needed gloves at Christmas when we were stuffing stockings.
Have you got a dollar store. You might find gloves there.
I hate the thing about seasonal shopping. I went out looking for Valentine stuff and found Easter instead. Have to think ahead, I guess.

Terry said...

Hey Mama Bear.. I go thru sooooo many gloves in a winter season due to work.. I just try to stock up on cheap and warm, because they only last a week of two... It has been so warm this winter, I just did not plan ahead!! i will know better next year!!!