Feb 27, 2007

Free At Last.... Free At Last

OMG!! What a difference.. This week is actually going exceptionally well for me. I feel like I am back in the game... The last few weeks were really beginning to take a toll on my attitude and I hate that!!!

I was a little concerned about the weather when I was heading out, but my Father was feeding me up to the minute reports and although the NE was suppose to sustain another heavy blow from Old Man Winter.... It actually warmed up enough that I made the trek without any problems...

The loaner Truck rides like a freakin Cadillac!! However, it is an automatic... Yikes. This was another issue I was initially concerned with. how it would handle in the ice, but no ice to be seen!! It would seem that the automatic transmission would make things easier, but after driving a standard 10 speed (13, 15, 18 speed) for my entire Trucking career, it is a bit difficult to get used to... You have no control of the gears and the computer does not recognize icy roads.... Oh and did I mention... AIR RIDE TRAILER..... Wooooo hoooo!!!

So a few minor delays, but nothing to the point of aggravating me this week... I feel sooooo much better. I will just about catch up to my normal routine and I am very happy about that...

Side Note:The automatic transmission does not like to be put into reverse, which is mandatory for unloading.. If you do not maintain at least 5mph, it will fall back into neutral. So my backing skills are suffering quite a bit this week.. I thought about just flooring the pedal and whatever happens, happens.. Like Mike said.... One down, 64.3578 to go!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Glad you are having a good week!

Unknown said...

And a good trailer, too!!!

Terry said...

I may have spoke too soon. I have just returned home, and am quite stressed it seems. Time for a break!! But thanks anyways