Feb 2, 2007

We'll Leave The Light On For You.

So last week I told you about our little Reward Program to reduce idle time in the Big Rig.. And yes, 3 mph is still a major issue to me. So, after 8 days of not idling the truck, I managed to get my reward back. EIGHT FREAKIN DAYS. This has happened to me one other time, but then it only took 3 hours to correct the injustice.

Well, lets just say I raised a big fuss about it when I returned to the office last week. I was informed once again, that the program was not designed to reset in the middle of the week. And if it did, it should not affect my percentage. WELL IT DID!! After a lengthy discussion with several folks, I was informed that I would be allowed to rent a motel room each night and be reimbursed for up to $50 a stay. This does me no good out on Long Island, where any decent room runs well above $100.

We ARE Determined To Reduce Idle Time!! Aren't we??

So, this week I did just that. East Lyme CT. Motel 6. Truck Parking. Yippee for me!! I rather enjoyed myself, even thought its not the best motel chain, but hey it was under $50. So I grabbed up one of their handy little motel guides, complete with truck parking information. And I quickly discovered that there are several locations along my route that I can get into to with the Big Truck!!

$100 bucks to idle the Truck five nights, or a $250 dollar motel bill. Who am I to argue with their logic.

2 comments:

LID said...

Spock say, "That's very logical."
Good thinking!

Terry said...

If you say so!! I only need permission once to spend someone else's money. Especially if that means a hot clean shower, a warm bed and no diesel fumes.