Feb 24, 2007

Hump Day

Okay, so where was I??

Oh yeah... Wednesday!!

I arrive at my 6th location, thinking this is the day!! Well, they did not open until 9AM.... And then had to hand unload, which takes quite a bit of time.... DONE

Now back to Jimmys and this time his freight is totally accessible. Yippee. Within just a few moments, he had 4 out 5 bundles unloaded.... The fifth one sat on the trailer for quite some time... and with reason... You see, the quicker I get unloaded, the quicker I haul arse. But Jimmy and Rich wanted to chat a bit more, and honestly I did not mind a bit... Yes, the week was progressing slowly, but I will always take time out to get in a little friend time. The UPS man showed up again and after a bit more harassing him, I was on my way...2.2 miles to the Bronx.

The Bronx unload turned into quite a big headache.. Remember my little excursion on Sunday? While the trailer itself was unscathed, the load had shifted just a tad... Opening the trailer was quite a chore. Once opened, we discovered that the material (for the Bronx) was loaded on both sides of the trailer. The problem is that this is one of those stops where I am double parked in the street blocking traffic. So after the first two bundles are removed, I have to strap everything back down and close the curtain. Find a place to make a U-turn. Open the curtain and remove the straps... Very time consuming!! I know what your thinking, yes, I did kill about 30 extra minutes just up the road for grins and giggles, but I needed that!

On to the 9th stop... Once again, the curtain was difficult to open... There was one very large and heavy bundle that was slowly coming apart and would keep sliding into the frame of the curtain... So with help, it was opened and I was off loaded.

The 10th drop went very smoothly!! And the 11th closed at 1PM, so there was really no need to hurry at this point.

I am not intending to complain about my Wednesday, just building up to the grande finale.. Actually, Hump Day went very smoothly despite the added labor... Feeling much better, I head for the motel... Looks like I should get it all wrapped up tomorrow and be on my way home!!

No comments: