Feb 14, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like

it may take a while to get home......

This weeks deliveries started out with a bang, and no I don't mean my load falling off the trailer. Actually, considering how things have been going lately, it has been a pretty good week so far... Okay, so there is the issue with the Spring-Ride Trailer, but as long as I wear 2 very supportive Bras and apply a little bit of Velcro to my arse (to eliminate the potential of bouncing out of my seat) I am good to go..

Okay, just one (maybe two) more comparison, so you might grasp the reason I hate this type trailer so much... Ever drive down that road that makes your factory installed CD player skip a beat or two... Well my CD player does not work the entire time I have a spring ride trailer due to the constant bouncing!! Or better yet, cruising at top speed across the water in a boat while the water is white capping... ROUGH!! Hope this helps explain my hatred better.. 2800 miles of constant bouncing..

So like I was saying, my work week started off pretty good. Monday I did some alternate routing to allow myself a few added deliveries that day. My original first stop did not open until 10 am, so I just did a little back tracking. I managed to get 7 stops completed. No small feat, considering the area I was in. New Jersey , NYC and Long Island!! (I even made a delivery in Bay Shore) Tuesday was even more fruitful... Well lets just say I kicked arse!! By the end of the day, I had made all but 2 deliveries, out of my original 18.. I had even made a few pick/ups. The Boss called with 5 additional stops, total now at 23. However, I had begun to hear the faintest of rumors about the approaching Winter Storm... That is actually the reason I did so well, some of the customers stayed late to make sure I was empty and on my way before the winter weather hit...

Wednesday morning, I awoke with only 5 stops left. Snow had fallen overnight, but very lightly. Road Conditions- Decent... So I head out to Chester Connecticut. First stop complete... I decide to call the next customer and they cancelled the pick-up due to the inclement weather. Yippee for me!! 2 down, 3 to go!! I head south (Long Island, next stop) and decide to call them as well... Cancelled!! Wooo hooooo. I am on a roll here folks! With only 2 deliveries left I am feeling pretty good. Then it happens!! I find the roadways are becoming quite nasty... I make it back to Milford CT and decide to get fuel (always keep a full tank in nasty weather, you never know where you might get stranded)... I decide to check in with the folks in the Bronx and they assure me that they would be able to unload the 2 items I have for them.... After paying for the fuel , I also called Towaco, NJ.. They confirmed that they too would be able to unload the freight.. Not so fast...... To make a longer story, not so long...... I am still in Milford CT.... Hopefully I will be able to finish unloading in the morning, or at least sometime on Thursday...

Oh Well, I WAS on a roll....

But, I did finally get my SNOW!!


6 comments:

Angel said...

Yes.... you asked for it babe! Be careful!

Terry said...

I did ,didn't I... Over and Over again..

LID said...

Angel beat me to it! I'm a day behind!

Mike said...

Well, have fun making truck stop snow angels.

Terry said...

Better late than never, LID!! I knew I could count on you to help rub it in....

And Mike, No Truck Stop snow Angels for me. I am sad to report there are a LOT of lazy truckdrivers and therefore way toooooo much yellow snow!!

Sally said...

Ok Terry, explain this to me...I was in KC this week for work, and the roads were horrendous!! We got off the interstate on an offramp that made a 270 degree turn. At the top of the ramp was a UPS semi-truck spinning his tires. The entire lane was backed up, so as we jetted out into traffic to get around him, we saw him just spinning his tires like crazy. He wasn't moving, his tires were smoking, and he was leaving a pretty big rubber track on the snow-covered road...what SHOULD he have done??