Feb 24, 2007

TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a smile on my face and a song on my lips, I awoke with the sunshine and headed for Nashville TN. (Our large Body Shop is where I am heading to swap out the Big Truck)

Within 30 minutes of my departure, I manage to strike up a conversation with a fellow heading in the same direction.. This is such an added bonus, because time just seems to fly by and a short 9 hours later I am pulling into the shop.. I had dreaded swapping trucks, because I literally have to transfer all of my belongings from one to the other... Once again a time consuming feat with alot of climbing up and down... I make the swap and proceed to the office to alert them that I have left my truck for them to repair....

Here is where I LOST IT!!!

Upon entering the establishment, naturally I was greeted with bewildered smiles...

After going through several conversations about the accident and the damage and everything else during the past few days, NO ONE had notified them!!

"Why are you leaving it with us??"
"Because I was in an accident and told to leave it with you"

The smiles quickly vanished and furious scowls replaced them.

Next we spent thru the whole checklist of what should have been done according to procedure... I had done it all!!!! The Boss had not followed through, once again, leaving it up to me to straighten out... The Service Manage then lost his cool (at me, about me, to me) and went off on some rant about "you truck drivers are always tearing up your trucks, why don't you pay attention to what you are doing, its an every week thing, are you just that careless or just plain lazy??"

I started to quiver and shake in my boots. I am sure my face turned bright red and tears of anger began to well up in my eyes, " EXCUSE me!! Would you even like to know what happened?" He just looked at me like I was totally stupid and taking up space... I proceeded to explain the circumstances surrounding the accident and could tell he was totally disinterested. That is until I said, " The officer charged the driver of the car!" " I AM NOT AT FAULT!!!"

His demeanor did a 180 and he said, " Now that is a totally different situation, if you were not at fault."

No Jackass, it isn't... I am still standing here reeling from the verbal punch to the gut I had just received and he has once again become pleasant!! My truck still needs to be repaired!. In his original maniacal tirade he informed me that they would get to it WHENEVER!! Now all of the sudden, they were going to jump on it and get it repaired ASAP...

Can you believe this guy..And we are employed by the same corporation.

Monday, I intend to inform someone?? of the way I was treated... It was just not right!!

So there you have it!! They say these things come in threes. Lets hope so! That was my third consecutive week of bad trailers, bad loads, and all around bad circumstances.

Time to go scout out the guacamole dip.. HINT HINT

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Gosh! You both work for the same place. He has to do his job regardless of the reason the truck is damaged, right? I mean if no one brings a truck in do they just sit around and get paid. Who sounds lazy to you?

Terry said...

Thanks Shell!! I had already had about 50 other people ask me how I tore up my truck... So to hear it from him.... AAAGGGGGHHHHH!

Ginger, I do understand why he was initially so upset, he does see a lot of careless accidents!! But to not give me the benefit of the doubt before he reactted.... It was totally unexcusable..