Feb 9, 2007

Another 15 Minutes of Fame

Those crazy Truck Drivers!! In recent posts, I have complained and laughed about the antics of the male Trucker!! This week was no exception.

Desperate for fuel, I headed for a Truck Stop. Normally, I try to sneak in and get what I need and then be on my way!! Hoping They will not see, I do not dare to make my presence known over the air waves!! Believe me folks, this would just be asking for trouble.

So here I am in Carlisle PA. One of the more Truck populated areas along I-81, with 6 different fuel stops to choose from. Always a hassle to get into, I maneuver into position at the local Petro. The entrance and exit lanes are side by side, so naturally someone has to see me. And then it starts... "Damn It, Girl" (This is one of the many "compliments" used to "hit on" the lady drivers. Sexy Huh??) Always alerted to a female presence, the confusion begins. "Where is she?" "What does she look like" "Where you at Little Lady"

The Truck Stops were all very crowded at this time of the day, so I patiently waited my turn!! Once again, I have turned off the CB while I wait. So after I get my fuel, I must go in and sign for it. The lines at the register are just as bad as the traffic. A good solid fifteen minute wait in line and finally I am out the door. Only the exit line is also backed up due to traffic, so I wait some more. This time, with the CB turned back on.

And naturally it starts up again.. "How 'bout that little lady in the fuel line, you got a copy?"
After several minutes of compliments, questions and general statements I was on my way.

What is funny to me about this is that all the fellows who were ratchet jawing as I left, were the same group who were standing in line inside the store. While I was in the store, everyone was very respectful and civilized!! Not a word was said to me. But let me get back in the Truck and and all respect and dignity flew out the window.. I don't mean I was being verbally harassed or insulted, but just how many times can these guys discuss the shape of my arse, or the girth of my chest??? Come on guys, do you think your wives would appreciate you behaving that way??

4 comments:

Sizzle Pizzle said...

You should take it as a compliment! :)

Terry said...

Oh Siz, I do , I do!! Makes a girl feel good to know her arse is being appreciated!!

Angel said...

LOL.... I'm twisted so I would loooooove that kind of attention. I always wonder what a guy is thinking when he sees me. That CB is like seeing inside their brains and I find that to be cool. The best part is that hey are civilized in person. Probably nervous around you. OH I would so want to tease them now and then. hee hee.

Stop making me want to add being a trucker to my list of talents Terry!! LOL

Terry said...

I guess I am misrepresenting myself here ladies!! I do so love the attention, and YES, Angel I do tend to tease them on occasion... I just had a horrible week, so everything seemed to grate on my nerves!! And yes, in person, they are all smiles and grins like nervous little boys!! So I just put on my best smile and watch em squirm!! *hee hee*