Feb 2, 2007

Washington State

Scenes From The Road



This week I am showing some older pictures I took while I was a long haul Trucker.


Not that NYC and Boston are not a long haul from Atlanta. In the past, I would travel days at a time to reach one destination... But now, I travel to many locations in a single day. I guess you could say that I am an out of town Local Delivery driver. To give you an even better idea I might mention that on Monday I delivered to Bristol, PA;Edison, NJ;and Central Islip, NY. Tuesday included stops in Bay Shore (Long Island), Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Stratford CT, and Glastonbury CT. And Wednesday was all about the surrounding areas of Boston. See what I mean about local?? Next week, 16 stops, same locations!!

So, on with the show!!


This first pic was taken in September of 1999 at a ski resort in near Deming, Washington. Needless to say, I fell in love with the area. I believe this is part of the Cascade Mountain Range. Only miles from Canada. And yes, the Big Truck made it up the mountain (the trailer stayed in town).




This next shot is at the same ski resort.. I met a mountain climber who had just finished scaling the peak in the background (center, above trees).


And for the Finale...... drum roll please.........





I captured this picture while driving down the side of the mountain at about 35 miles per hour. I was in such awe of the scenery that I just keep snapping pictures. Didn't realize the waterfall was there until after I took the shot...



So until next week............

4 comments:

Terry said...

Sorry about the quality of the pics!! I had used a disposable camera to take them..

Mike said...

Those are still great pics.

Terry said...

Hey Thanks!! Sightseeing is the best part of my job!! More where those came from.

LID said...

Great shots... really! Thanks!