Feb 24, 2007

Buster Brown

I thought I should try to throw in a little humor with this weeks posts, so I have decided to fill you in on the harassment that the UPS man in Queens was forced to endure..

He was such a sweet heart and we cross paths on a weekly basis...

This week I was feeling a little froggy and decided to cut up with him a bit.. When he opened the back of his truck, I was standing there, box cutter in hand with a sneaky little grin on my face....

"You ever get curious as to what is in those boxes"
Naturally he replied with that good employee attitude, explaining how if you let the curiosity get to you it will lead in theft inevitably. He just blocks it out!

" Well, can I look? I just love presents and you got a lot of boxes... Hmmmm Hmmmm. Can I Can I..." We traded banter for a few moments and he was on his way.

The next morning, we meet again. Of course, I have Box cutter in hand along with the stash of boxes to be shipped that day. He looks at me and smiles. I tell him that there is nothing good in these boxes, can I look in yours?? Hmmmm Can I, Can I??

No such luck!! But I have come up with a plan... I intend to ship myself a package of some useless item, so he can deliver it to me... In Queens...

4 comments:

Mike said...

If I have a week like yours, I'd just want to mail myself home.

Rick said...

What a week you have had.

Are you flirting with the UPS guy? Have you mentioned him to your mother yet? :)

ROTFLOLAYE

maddie said...

Ha! That's awesome.

Terry said...

Mike , I should probably check into that...

Thanks Rick!! At My Expense.....
BTW, the UPS man is a 50+ year old Italian, but he is breathing.....

Hey Shell, I appreciate the comment. It was really quite humorous (in person) but after that week, it was the best I could come up with for my blog...