Jan 5, 2007

The Fisherman

You think I would be over this by now!!

There is one particular fellow at work who cannot seem to be honest if his life depended on it. Now most of his untruths are seemingly harmless. Just how big a fish was it?? Yes, he is a tournament angler.. So naturally, we dont believe his fishing stories. I personally have been witness to the tall tales. On a particular fishing expedition, he caught 3 teeny tiny large mouth bass. Upon returning to the shore, his story grew to epic proportions.. 15 fish in all, several over 5 lbs... It seems he forgot that I was on the boat...I just stood there, looking dumb.

Well, the lies dont stop there. He incorporates MAJOR exaggerations into everything he says , on a daily basis. Since I have known him for over 4 years, you would think that this would not bother me anymore. And for the most part it doesnt.

Except, his does this with work issues as well.

Every week, we are dispatched based on seniority... Every week, he choses the best paying NorthEast Route... Every week, he fusses, rants, raves, complains about his selection... Every week, he claims he is never going back... Every week, I tell him he is full of IT... EVERY WEEK.

Now normally, when the snow starts to fall, he does change his routine. Typically traveling south for the winter season... But with these wacky weather patterns this year, he has yet to give up this little pot of gold at the end of the George Washington Bridge...

This week, he sank to an all time low. He made his weekly declaration of Never Again and I simply told him he was I was not concerned. That he had made the same statement for 3 months and I would not get my hopes up. So he threw in the Family excuse.. "I have family in Florida that I have not seen in awhile and a new grand baby.. I must go south!!!"

Well you guessed it. He is going northeast this week... I actually did get my hopes up and now I feel so deflated.. I am not let down so much because he took the money load, but more because I actually fell for it...


No comments: