Feb 3, 2007

Brothers



This one is a Classic!!





I am very thankful for my Brothers and love them very much!! So I thought I would share a childhood memory!


This is one of my favorites.


When I was very young my brothers told me the story of how when they were born, they were also little girls!! This fascinated me, because I dreaded all of the things that womanhood would bring... Intrigued, I begged for more information. It seems that there was but one way to remedy my current situation. They told me if I kissed my elbow Yes, lips to elbow, no cheating!! that I too would transform myself into a boy. Excited about this prospect, I immediately began to attempt the impossible. I tried and tried, but could not reach the spot!! I am sure they must have been laughing at me, but I never noticed. Unaware to my surroundings, I continued in my endeavors.




This went on for a few days.. If I was awake, I was trying to kiss that elbow! Not to disappoint my mother, I would always do this away from prying eyes. It seems her little girl was a gift from God!! Especially since her other girls were now Boys!! After several days and numerous attempts I was still determined! Eventually my mother spotted me outside on the swing set crying my eyes out. She rushed to find out what was wrong. With trepidation, I told her of my desires and and the dilemma I was facing...


This is where the memory begins to fade, so I am not sure how long my devastation continued from this point. But I am vaguely aware that my precious brothers were punished in some way for their actions... They did get a good laugh out of it though..


What is even worse is that twentysomething years later, I began to tell this story to my nephews and niece. They also have laughed at me as well. Seems I am the only gullible one in the family...
Oh Well!! Yeah Brothers are great!! And I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Thanks guys, for the memories!!! I love You!!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Yes, brothers! You can't live with them, you can't kill them, but you can make sure they live a lonb way off.

Terry said...

I am pretty sure we all tried to kill each other at some point in time!!

Now, you know better than that Ginger... I would be at your house every week if I could, but serenity comes first!!

Angel said...

LOL... I had only sisters (no picnic there, let me tell you!) I always wished I had a brother.

Cute and funny story! My baby sister is the gullible one in the family (and her fiance, I should share the dougie story.)