Feb 9, 2007

This Rocks!!

Yes my Friends, its that time of the week again!!


First just let me tell you that when I was a child, I had this unhealthy fascination with ROCKS. It started with a geode. So pretty on the inside!! My curiosity took hold and it was nothing for me to place a few rocks in my mouth for cleansing purposes, so that I might see the true beauty in their form. I believe my incredible immune system is a direct result of eating so much dirt as a child!!


Well to this day, nature and all she holds still fascinates me. Including ROCKS!! I see beauty in everything around me! So for my contribution this week, I give you some very rocky terrain.



The first shot was taken in Kentucky. I know, its just ROCK!!



Next we have a portion of the Painted Desert (New Mexico)



And on to Nevada



And finally, my favorite. This was taken near the Virgin River (Nevada, I believe). If you look closely, you can imagine a Castle (almost center) sitting there. Just another heap of Rocks!!



So, until next week.... I think I will pay a tribute to the Big White Dog and show you my babies!!

4 comments:

AtHomeDaddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

But did you lick any of these giant rocks, so that you could see the true beauty of them?

Terry said...

Couldnt get to them for all the venomous critters lurking about, but dont think I wouldnt have if I could have!!

LID said...

Cooool!