Jan 25, 2007

Impeachment

Who voted for this governor any way??

Due to insurance regulations, most of the larger trucking companies are required to have governors placed on the truck motors, to limit how fast the truck can run. (For those who weren't aware of this, that is why Big Trucks seem to be in the way all the time. Limited road speed means longer passing time)

Unfortunately for me, mine is governed...

Along with other guidelines, my Company requests that we do not idle the trucks for long periods of time in order to save on fuel costs.. As an incentive, they have come up with a reward system which monitors the truck and gives the driver an extra 3 mph if they can maintain less than 25% percent idle time.

I am proud to report I have been enjoying my additional 3 mph for several months. Not hard to do, if you just shut off the truck every time you stop.. Winter has been so mild that sleeping without heat has not been a problem. Until this week!! From Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon the temps never got above 26 degrees. Needless to say, my 25% allowance should have left me with plenty of time to idle the engine and stay warm... Your crazy if you think I am going to risk hypothermia for 3 mph.

Oh but noooooo. Some idiot, decided to reset the computers on Monday night. Two days into my work week. Therefore eliminating all of my accumulated driving time. What does this mean, you might ask.. It means my percentage went skyrocketing to 100% within a matter of seconds. Okay , so I only lost 3MPH. So much for incentives...

No comments: