Apr 12, 2007

Eeeeeewww You Dirty Rat!!


Homer is such a ________!!


The four drivers whom he has antagonized the most during the past four years have all vacated the premises.. He is taking this very personally.


He is taking a lot of things personally right now and well, treating us drivers in a manner not conducive with a good work environment...


He is faced with the same decisions that the rest of us have been presented. He is acting like it is the drivers' fault that the contract was lost. He is bitter!!


Yesterday he sent a message to the remaining drivers that WE were not following company policies and he would have to take action if our discrepancies were not amended immediately...


This little indiscretions have been overlooked for the previous four years.. They are generally overlooked by ALL the other branches of the company.. Homer is the ONLY person who deems it necessary to enforce these policies... The ONLY one!!


So, I believe I know why he responded in such a childish manner a few days ago when I asked him why he wanted me to do something that was not beneficial to anyone...


This week, all of the drivers who were interested in transferring to the new company were to set up personal interviews with a rep from the new company.. The rep would only be in town for 4 days! I was scheduled to meet with him on Thursday!


Homer altered my plans, so that I would not be able to make it home in time for the interview.


The rep had the opportunity to meet with ALL the other drivers and was basically waiting on me.


The rep phoned me and after I explained what Homer had done, he remarked that he would reschedule my interview for another time, another place... He did reassure me that the interview was basically just protocol and that I should not worry about missing it.. My job was secure, my position on the new team was secure... He did comment that he had asked several of the Aluminum Co's employees basic questions about each of the drivers , and that I had received glowing comments from each of them.. They love the little short girl!!


So after a nice lunch compliments of the Aluminum Co, the rep left town...on Wednesday


Around 2pm on Wednesday, I call Homer to get some info and at the end of the conversation he mentions that I no longer need to go to Baltimore... I should just head home....


Coincidence?? I think not!!


When I originally came to the Aluminum Co, I was employed thru a staffing service... I worked very hard and quickly built my reputation as being dedicated, determined and dependable, not to mention having great rapport with the customers.. They raved about me as well. A much welcome change from the usual ol grouchy truckers...


At the end of my required 90 day period, I was ready to make the transition into full-time employee. That is when Homer came aboard. The very week that he commandeered the office, I had an accident resulting in surgery.. I was put on lite duty for several weeks and could not perform the tasks of a driver.. When the doctor released me, I was put back on temporary assignment... Homer refused to hire me.


I jumped back in the truck and got back into the swing of things immediately....As a Temp..


It took Homer over NINE Months to recognize what an asset I was to have around.. I literally have customers bending over backwards to help me and others drivers. The other drivers spoke up on my behalf.. The Aluminum Co defended me, Hell, even certain customers pleaded in my defense.. It took NINE MONTHS, but I finally became an official employee


After all was said and done, a few "secrets" began to emerge..


Homer did not like having women in the work place! Especially friendly women with good personalities.. He was fearful of sexual harassment issues.. Not concerning him, just the fear of that situation arising amidst his employees.


He did not like the fact that everyone "liked" me sooooo much.


He thought I was lazy and did not want to work.. Um excuse me, but I had 3/4 of the cartilage removed from my knee and the doctor told me I couldn't work!!!


He did not like the fact that everyone "liked" me sooooo much. Oh, I already mentioned that didn't I. Well, it still bothers him, four years later!! FOUR YEARS LATER!!


So, Coincidence?? I THINK NOT!!



7 comments:

lioux said...

What a ________!!

Terry said...

Yeah Lioux!! My thoughts exactly

Digital Fortress said...

Glad it all worked out in the end.

Mike said...

Aww man, I thought this was going to be a madlibs blog post.

I was going to suggest either crayon, sippy cup, diaper rash or genital herpes scar.

Terry said...

Which one of these does not belong in the house of AtHomeDaddy?? Or do they all belong????

Ah, Mike, I love madlibs!! What a great idea!!

Angel said...

Homer = dick. (sorry for the colorful language but it was requred... carry on.)

Terry said...

Straight to the point Angel!!

I tried to check on available vacation time, so I can plan a getaway ... He would not return my call and had ample time to do so..

Only 112 days to go! Yes, I am counting!!