Apr 24, 2007

Bad Boys Bad Boys, Watcha Gonna Do??

You know it just seems funny to me that no matter how mad I want to get and just have a real good hissy fit, something always comes along to cheer me up.

For instance, I was late leaving out and of course the tire blowing out accounted for another three hour delay. So I was going to be unable to make it to my first destination on Sunday night.... And for anyone who has ever travelled around our Nations Capitol during rush hour, well you know the scoop.

I was attempting to mentally prepare myself for what lay ahead of me the next morning and still a bit frustrated over major delays of the day (I was also supposed to meet a friend of mine for dinner in Virginia and missed that too) when out of nowhere my cell phone lights up the interior of my cab.

Message Received

"Are you heading my way this week, Sunshine?"

What the.............. For a moment I racked my brain, trying to figure out who it could be from....Duh, just look at the number, silly... It was my Buddy from Queens, NY....

Awwwww, he said he had a treat for me, if I was going to be in town! Did I mention that he is Irish??

So, after exchanging a few pleasantries, I was able to kick back and call it a night.

Now Monday, I was up before the rooster, trying to sneak thru Washington DC before anyone noticed, but I had forgotten that DC rush hour literally starts at 5am... ATL, smooth until 6:30. NYC is about the same. But coming from Manassas into DC, fah getta bout it!!
And the idiots were in rare form, hence the previous rant posted!! I was frustrated beyond belief before the sun ever came up...

I completed my three stops in Maryland and took off for New Jersey... When I arrive at the mandatory state line Truck Weigh Station, I am flagged around to the back.. A strapping young officer approaches my truck and Oh sweet mother of public service, look at what we have here....He was a very friendly chap indeed. He did his inspection of the truck, which took all of 10 minutes...And then he shamelessly flirted right there with me.... Another 10-15 minutes ... hee hee hee... It is not often that you will see a State Patrol Officer waving to the Truckers as they leave, but wave he did, along with 2 of his cohorts....

Well, I did my tour of duty for the day, finishing up around 2pm. I decided to have a little nap to wait out NJ/NY traffic. Around sunset I headed out for Long Island... More traffic delays and more idiots, plus everything else that has been weighing on my mind...AGGGGhhhhhhhhh!!

I arrive at my destination for the morning and something is blocking the road... A Fire Truck. No, it was not an emergency situation. I was told they were just checking fire hydrants... But it would be a little bit before I could get to my customers parking lot.... Did I mention it was a Fire Truck?

I suppose now would be the perfect time to tell you of my "Man in Uniform fixation" I loves me a man in uniform... Especially Firemen and Police Officers...

So naturally I park the truck and jump out to make my presence known.. I am a shameless flirt!! I got to honk the Horn and play with the Hose... I snapped a few pictures and they bid me adieu... But not before the images of those firefighters seeped into my brain.... Be some good dreams tonight!! And Mr. New Jersey State Patrol , you will not be forgotten either....

7 comments:

Sally said...

What a fun way to pass time when you're stuck! Sometimes being female really does help you out! =)

maddie said...

now, silly girl, why didn't you get in the photos with them!?

lioux said...

"But coming from Manassas into DC,..."

I Love, Love, Love ManAsses.

Terry said...

I know Sally, ain't it grande!!

Shell, it was nighttime and this just happened to be the best pic!! I got one of ME being rescued.... hee hheee hehehe

Oh Lioux, why did I not see that coming!!

Ginger said...

Isn't it something that the fireman were out checking fire hydrants in full regalia? Seems like the flirting probably went both ways. Don't tell, "You Know Who".

Angel said...

I want to be a truck driver now... *whine!*

Terry said...

Yeah Ginger, they were the Newbies!! And while I did initiate the flirting, there was not a moments hesitation on their part!!

Angel, while it does have its perks, I would not recommend it!!