Apr 24, 2007

Stand Back Folks, She's Gonna Blow!!

You know, there just seems to come a time when you realize that you desperately need a vacation, like 2 months ago.

Well, Monday morning was that time for me.

Why am I so irritable??Could it be the fact that I have not slept well since last Tuesday? May be playing therapist over the phone with someone who refuses to help them self? How about forgetting the fact that Manassas Traffic is an absolute freaking nightmare, even at 5:30 AM. Or the fact that my load starting in DC adds at least one day to my work week, never mind fighting the rest of DC traffic.. Does sitting on the side of the road waiting for tire repair for three hours seem to affect me. Maybe!! Or how about wanting something so bad, that in 20 years it has never left your heart and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it but fantasize.......

Okay, that last one did not really fit in this scenario, or did it????

Does it seem like I am whining incessantly here or what... Maybe just a little bit??

Seems all indicators are pointing to a much needed break.

Really, I am usually one of the nice Truck Drivers. Always courteous and conscious of what is going on around me..

But this morning, at 5am I was so ready to go "Postal" I would have given anything to teach some of the folks a lesson or two...

Can you just imagine little ol me snatching people out of theirs cars and giving them the ol' 1-2 . "Take that, you no blinker using, excessive braking, cutting in and out of traffic to get 10 feet ahead. Why must you ride in my lane with me? Or better yet, why are you only capable of doing 15 mph below the speed limit, that is until I try to pass you. Which results in you accelerating to whatever it takes to keep me behind you only to cut in front of me and once again SLAM on your brakes..... Are you a complete idiot.. Do you not realize that my vehicle weighs the same as Oh, say, about 20 of yours???? HUH And if you will recall, an object in motion (especially one weighing 80 thousand pounds) tends to stay in motion until it meets some sort of friction which in turn will cause it to slow down, and yes my tires on the roadway are resulting in friction, but my little bitty foot is mashing the fuel pedal in to the firewall, so that pretty well eliminates that friction.. And you my friend are not the desired friction either. Just remember, If you really must stop in front of me, I might only be able to slow down...... KaPOW... But if the situation was reversed and I stopped in front of you, well, you would stop instantaneously upon collision... No, I am not trying to threaten you.. All I am saying is GET A CLUE!! "

"Hang up the phone, turnoff the laptop, put away the makeup and just pay a little more attention to what is going on around you!!!! Puhleeeeeeze"

Whew *sighs*. Don't I feel better!! Now what we were talking about again..

Oh, yeah. I am in desperate need of a vacation....And I have 2 planned.. But with the job transfer coming up, I have to forfeit one of my "paid" vacations...So that only leaves one week available, and I absolutely refuse to cancel either excursion, not to mention that I would like to add a few more... I am thinking a nice cruise, or maybe a trip thru the US by rail..... But time is limited, and money is tight, so whats a girl to do??

Hello, ummmm Calgon? Could you please take me away now before the guy shows up with that funny little white coat that has sleeves that wrap around to the back......

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, I SO know what you're talking about...of course, you know that because you've read my ranting posts about idiot drivers. I'm sorry you had such a rough time...sleep will help, so I hope you get some of that soon!

maddie said...

you need to take care of yourself. do not cancel your vacations. those are vital to your wellbeing. find a different salon and get another mani/pedi. take more deep breaths. get a kitty to pal around with. focus on your upcoming 5k. chill out with good music and some calgon. things will get better. they always do.

lioux said...

Damn! I was totally going to comment using Calgon, but you alreadry mentioned it in your post.

I need a vacation too.