Apr 14, 2007

Run For Your Life

I have been inspired...

I used to enjoy running when I was younger.. I still enjoy the idea of it. So, recently I embarked on a quest to get back into it...

Today, I completed 5 miles.. Okay, so it is still run, walk,walk,walk,run..... But it is good to start slow, right!! Build up my stamina.

While I am in no shape to go the distance, I have decided to start participating in 5k runs locally.

And on the grander scheme of things, I was thinking maybe once or twice a year I would pick a city (any city) and spend the weekend seeing the sights, and participate in a foot race. You know, been there-done that-got the t-shirt!!

I have located a 5k close to the ATL in 2 weeks. My "buddy" said I should just go do it, ready or not! I could make up a million excuses not to...But there is no time like the present.

I have scouted out a few races near my Fathers hometown (good excuse to go visit) and am currently seeking one near my Bro... (Can you help me out G?)

So, that is the game plan.... My first official 5k in TWO weeks.. I will be the one collapsed in a heap about 100yds from the starting line..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe the Helen Keller festival has a 5K run in Tuscumbia in late June.

Larry (dad)

Terry said...

Way ahead of you Daddy!! Just checking on my availability before I register for it... You know how Homer can be!!

Love Bears All Things said...

Might as well make it for a good cause while you're at it. Relay for Life in Huntsville soon.

maddie said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! That's so great. Now if only I'll take my own advice!!! :-)

Ginger said...

The big event here is the Cotton Row Run Memorial Day Weekend. Read about it at www.huntsvilletrackclub.org. I wish I enjoyed running. I find it to be mostly torture. I'm off that weekend, though and would be glad to go cheer you on. You might notice that the weekend is also J's birthday and B's Kindergarten graduation. Could you get the whole weekend off?

Terry said...

Mama Bear, I think most of them are for a good cause... The one in two weeks is for a childrens charity....

Thanks Shell, but I will need you to keep encouraging me!! Maybe your inspiring me will in effect inspire you!

Oh my, Ginger, it looks like MAY is going to be a very busy month for me.... Sheesh, I need to hurry up and move "home"..