Mar 30, 2007

Who Knew.....

That little ol' me had sooooooo much influence..

This week, while delivering in Newark, Delaware, it was brought to my attention that I had done a good deed for a fellow driver..

HUH?? Whaaaaaat??

The Customer asked me if (insert name here) had thanked me for the favor?

What favor?? WHO??

It seems that a few weeks ago, one of the newer drivers had a little mishap with his load.... (Better check those straps next time , buddy!!!) Homer told him to swing by this customer and ask for a favor, as it was conveniently on his route. Homer did not call and ask for the favor, as he should have, but rather sent the driver in there blindly..

So as the driver approaches the location, dear sweet K comes out to greet the truck, thinking it might be his favorite Georgia Peach.

"Well, your not Terry"

The driver then proceeds to tell K and A that he needs a little help with his load... A little help......More like 2 hours worth of unloading and reloading to assure safety when travelling down the Super Slab..

He mentions my name and tells them that I had told him that they would be willing to help..

HUH?? What???

It turns out Homer had told the driver to mention my name..... ????

So, out of the graciousness of their hearts, they spent 2 hours restructuring this fellows load...

Well, as I mentioned before, I got to swing by and see them this week.. That is when K and A asked if I had ever been properly Thanked... You see, they normally don't do this type of favor, as they are not equipped to do it in a timely manner.. It really does cut into their scheduled tasks....

I am not sure who the driver was... But no, I was never Thanked!!

Now, they feel so dirty and used.... Shame on you, truck driver!! Shame on you Homer!!!

I did ask Homer about it, just being curious and his reply,

"You know everybody loves you up there, and I knew you had influence with these guys, so Yeah I told him to drop our name!"

Who Knew.......

Bonus:

Know your Trucker Lingo

Interstate- also known as the SuperSlab or Big Road
highways- referred to as "Cutting thru the woods"
Toll Roads- Often called the Green Stamp... Where you would make your "Deposit" (pay toll) at the "cash box" (Toll Booth)

No comments: