Apr 5, 2007

Those Marketing Geniuses

I really would like to know who came up with this brilliant idea...

Today is a Special Events Day at Six Flags Over Georgia.... Starting at 6AM, Admission is FREE to the theme park.. While this might have sounded like a great idea, let me assure you, IT WASN'T...

Rush Hour does not normally get congested until 6:45AM.. However, the west side of Atlanta got the jump on things as early as 5:30AM... Why, because Six Flags is FREE today!!

In fact, by 6AM the entire west side was in gridlock conditions!!! I have never seen such a congested mess... Why, because Six Flags is FREE today!!

Backups as far as 15 miles on 4 major interstate arteries... Why, because Six Flags is FREE today!!

Not to mention, all the surface roads, and secondary streets.. There is a large industrial area located near the park and the Truckers were grumbling because they were missing their appointment times... Why, you guessed it!!

Okay, so the gates to the park opened at 6 AM... AT 6:32, the gates were closed due to massive numbers of people trying to enjoy a FREE DAY at Six Flags.......

I counted over 17 collisions in a twenty mile stretch.. I guess no one anticipated traffic coming to a grinding halt.

People were actually dropping off their children on the side of the interstate.... Too bad the gates were closed by the time the kids got to them...

I hope no body was injured today due to this poorly planned fiasco...

At 9:45, traffic is still congested.. All those fools who dropped their kids off are having to make their way back to pick them up!!!

I am just in amazement of how stupid some people can be..

I would not drop my child off on the side of the interstate in a heavily industrial area known for its drug and prostitution population... I don't care how FREE it is... And I have never personally seen gridlock in Atlanta..Until today.... Why, because Six Flags is FREE today... Well, it was for 32 minutes anyway...

3 comments:

Mike said...

That is CRAZY! I can only imagine the Six Flags in Arlington doing that and locking down the mid cities between Dallas and Ft Worth.

Damn

lioux said...

Damn indeed.

And Freedom is never free.

Terry said...

I am still laughing my arse over this one... It was actually shut down at 6:15.... People were sleepng in the parking lot, without cars!! At 3:30 am there was a riot when they thought the gates were opening and people got trampled while sleeping??? No injury reports, but I am sure there will be lawsuits a plenty!!