Apr 6, 2007

Mustang Mods

This is suppose to be the post where I show you the cool new modifications I have had done to Sally in honor of her First Birthday.... (Not you, Sally) My Little Pony, Sally....

Sorry, this post will have to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control...

Now I will partake in a moment of silence where I will thrash about wildly out of control in a massive hissy fit.













Okay, let me just back up a few weeks and start at the beginning.

I had a decent experience with having my windows tinted and when contemplating the racing stripe scenario, I decided to let the same establishment handle this mod as well... They did a good job, on the tint!!

I had set up my appointment to have the stripes applied. The price quoted to me originally included the stripe kit.. A few days later I phoned in to see if the order could be cancelled because I had found a quality kit at a reduction of the price... The receptionist took my message and assured me someone would call back and confirm the cancellation...

No one ever returned my call...Then I called back to confirm the appointment was still scheduled.. (I was having this done 4 hours away and needed everything to be confirmed before I made the drive). The receptionist did confirm I was still on the schedule for Friday the 6th.

A few days later, I noticed that there was still no charge on my credit card... So, I once again called to confirm who would be supplying the stripes... Still no return call.... At this point, I ASSUMED that the original plan of action was still in place because my suggested changes had not been confirmed...

So, Thursday the 5th I arrived home from working with only 2 hours to prepare for my excursion over to the Rocket City... I managed to get very little done before hopping into the car to head over to Bama. I arrived in time to drop off the car before they closed up shop (that way they could get started on it early).

Friday was spent in anticipation of the phone call saying that they were done and I could come check her out.

BUT AT 3:30 I received a voice mail that has led to my detriment.... (I don't get good phone reception here in The Hollow) "Miss Terry......... cant find the kit..........started early...........call us............where are the..........."

My blood began to boil.... Surely that is not what I think she said!!!!!

I called to confirm the message..... YEP!! NO STRIPES TODAY, boys and girls...

I had Mama Bear drive me over to pick up Sally!! I told Br-Baby that I wanted to cry and she willingly joined in with her little version of fake tears....

After all the rushing I had done to get over here! AAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Upon arrival at the accessory shop, I was gingerly greeted in anticipation of the anger they were sure I was going to sling at them...

The owner assumed full responsibility of the situation and offered to make it up to me... He was adamant that "Sorry" was not good enough.. He asked if I would be willing to reschedule and he would extend to me a very generous discount...

I politely explained that I was going to look for someone a little closer to home to apply the stripes. (I drove 4 hours for this)

So he continued with "If you ever need anything else done, just let me know, I need to make this up to you!"

DING DING DING........

Okay, how about retinting my door glass... I was planning to have this done, due to the number of scratches that have accumulated...You can read about that here....

So now, I am sitting back in the Hollow and my windows are being retinted absolutely free of charge... Should be done in about an hour....

I am still a little upset about this but, here is the silver lining.

I am getting my windows retinted , and while I was enraged over the lack of communication that had transpired, a buddy of mine called asking how the stripes turned out. When I told him, what had happened he immediately stepped up to the plate, offering up a deal I could not refuse.... I will post that at a later date....

6 comments:

Sally said...

I knew what you were referring to! =) And, my car is named Sally also...she's Sally Saab...silly, but I don't care.

Ok, I have to ask this question since you have the inside scoop. I have this little pet peeve about truckers, and maybe you can cure me of it. I had to drive to KC today, and as I was cruising along with my cruise control set at 75, I had 3 truckers at different times jet right in front of me as I was getting ready to pass them. See, this happens all the time....they are trying to pass a SLIGHTLY slower truck in front of them, and instead of waiting the 5 seconds it will take me to get past them, they move over right in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes...and thus ruining my gas mileage plan. What is up with this?? I get the whole momentum thing, and not wanting to back off and lose that momentum or whatever, but is 5 seconds really going to make a difference when it takes them a whole 3 minutes to pass the slower moving truck? While I'm seething behind them...

I'm all fired up...can you tell?? I figured you were the right person to ask since you seem like such a courteous driver...I thought it there was a legitimate reason, you'd tell me.

You should have seen me in my car...it was almost Road Rage (hee hee)...and I was shouting to the air in my car, "Where's my laptop...I have to ask Terry what's up with this!!"

Terry said...

Sorry Sally, there is no legitimate reason for this action... It all boils down to common courtesy or the lack thereof.. We as Truckers have become very accustomed to auto drivers cutting us off, slamming on brakes and other bad traffic habits... The Truckers that are doing this to you, just dont care anymore... They have probabpy been cut-off so many times that they have no Road Courtesy anymore...

When this happens to you, is there a long line of traffic in your lane. Maybe you are the only car that actually left a gap between you and the next vehicle... May I suggest follow the lead car a little closer... eliminate the gap, otherwise this will continue to happen because lets face it, Some People are just angry and inconsiderate....

PS. These drivers cutting you off, well they do it to us Big Trucks also, and we get on them over the CB... They just ignore us, or cuss us out for asking WHY they would do that....

I hate that there is Drivers doing that because it gives us Courteous Truckers a bad rap!!

maddie said...

eek. so sorry this happened to you. that royally sucks. what color is sally? did you get all your windows tinted? lucky you..here in CA it's illegal to have them tinted. something about the cops not being able to see in your car...lame! i hope you get your great deal from your friend, tho!

Terry said...

This is Sally
Its not a good picture, but for color purposes, there you go!!

Most states have Tint Laws, but Georgia allows 35%... They redid the door glasses, I had previously had everything done!

Sally said...

Yeah, I learned the "no gap" rule a while back. But that's not what this was. I was the ONLY car for at least 500 yards in front AND behind me. One time there were about 3 trucks, and the 3rd one is the one who pulled in front of me, and then took 3 minutes, at least, to pass the other 2. I was so mad, I was weaving back and forth behind them trying to see what the hold up was...there shouldn't have been a hold up. Then when I finally got to pass the guy, I leaned way over to try to see him...and I was wondering if he and the other 2 guys got on the CB to talk about the stupid blonde in the convertible...whatever.

I have no patience...can you tell? =)

Terry said...

Hey Sally, that totally happened to me on my way home today... I was sooo in your shoes in my car.!! But I do know for a fact that a lot just don't give a flying rats arse.... Maybe they were looking at the cute blonde, and the 3rd truck pulled out to hold you up so they could all get a better look :-)