Apr 6, 2007

Rapid Advancement

I just received a phone call.

It was the Fisherman..

"It's all yours !" he says.

He has decided to pursue other career options at this time.. He went in for an interview today and was hired on-the-spot.. Next week, he is on vacation. The following week will be his last with our current employer...

Two other drivers finished up their tour of duty this week, and the trucks have already been cleaned out..

Another two drivers have also already proclaimed that they too will be abandoning ship in a relatively short amount of time...

I HAVE GAINED 5 rungs on the LADDER in two weeks.... The NE route is now my baby!!

Sweeeeeeet !!

That means a potential 12% gross in my yearly wages.... (I know, I am outta here soon myself, but I am looking at the immediate gains at the moment)

I also set up my interview with the new company for next week, and he assured me it was just a formality and then he "Welcomed" me to the new team!!

Yes, my social life may suffer for the next year, but I am looking to relocate and purchase a home soon, so I am willing to sacrifice it for the good of my future.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news!!!

And you can use part of that 12% increase for a down payment on that home.

Larry

Mike said...

Awesome! Way to hang in there And bonus that you won't have to deal with the Fisherman any more.

Terry said...

You know Mike, I am actually going to miss the whining and incessant story telling...nah, who am I kidding!! See YA Fisherman!!

Mike said...

OK, then I'll try to step up the whining. 'Cause I know I can cover the stort telling!

Terry said...

Thank you MIKE... That will make the transition sooooo much easier for me!!

maddie said...

YAY! and 12% is friggen awesome! Now you can really get a mani/pedi! :-)

Terry said...

Yeah Shell, I am soooo excited! i have so much I want to do, and maybe I can start getting out there and doing them!!