Apr 20, 2007

A Fishing Story....

Just how big a fish was it?.......

So here it the latest scoop on the fisherman

He said he was out of here, right... I have stood firm that I do not believe in his shenanigans. I did confer with several other people and they all believe him.. The assistant site manager and other drivers to boot. But not me!!

Okay, so he gave his 2 week notice... The first week, he took a paid vacation... The second week he was suppose to run a single Florida trip and be done with it!!

During, the vacation week, he reported that he had cleaned out his truck of everything except the essentials...

On Tuesday of the second week (his last hoooooorah) he calls me.

" I have hurt my back while cleaning out my truck"

" I have hurt my back and could not work this week."

"I will probably lose my new job, because I have hurt my back and can't work"

"I should probably just stay here, because I already have the insurance to cover this injury, and I will probably lose my new job because I can't work"

Sounds FISHY to me.!!

So when I arrived back at the plant on Thursday, I did a little snooping... I know I should not have, but.....

All of our trucks are keyed the same.. Anyone can open any truck!! Which really pisses me off. I have seen numerous times when there are huge dusty footprints in my truck and the mechanics have been no where near it. How about a little privacy folks, I mean DAMN, this is my home away from home!!

Like I said, I know it was wrong, but I opened up his truck and what should I see.

A very messy, overly stocked truck.... He has not removed anything!!! So, how did he hurt his back?? Or did he hurt his back??

He is so full of it!!!! I am just soooooo curious what he thinks he is up to.... I love a good mystery, but the suspense is killing me

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And who is getting his favorite route next week? And the week after? Stay tuned for more details as they become available!

Larry

Terry said...

I got the NYC trip again this week. But I am disheartened to find out that another driver is waiting for the fisherman to fall off the face of the planet, so that he might take it over... He has more senority than I....And he does not tell "stories" either... So I am waiting to see if my fate is sealed!!

Ginger said...

Oh but isn't he clever. I mean he planned that out over several days to make it really sound reasonable.

Terry said...

I know Ginger.... He spins mighty webs of deceit and it is hard to weed out the true facts...I still have no clue as to whether he is or isn't a co-worker....

Love Bears All Things said...

Maybe you should booby-trap your truck in some way so you'll know when they go in.

Terry said...

Mama Bear, The footprints are a telltale sign, I am just not sure who it is... I suspect it would be the temp drivers...I have brought the issue up with my site manager, but short of catching them, there is nothing that can be done.. Nothing is missing, but i still feel violated to an extent.