Apr 14, 2007

Weekend Warrior...... NOT

I had soooo many plans for today... But my procrastinating skills took over fairly early in the day.

I did however, manage to get another five miles in today..Still alot of walking, but that is too be expected. It was a tad bit cooler today and extremely overcast... The moment I walked back through the doorway, the bottom fell out....And it has been raining ever since...

I had intended to do some shopping, but after getting completely soaked just picking up the few items that were mandatory, I decided to put the rest of it off....

One thing I did manage to do today was............

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

Get a mani/pedi..

Why the drumroll, you might ask.. Well to be honest, I have never had one. EVER.

The experience was indeed pleasurable, but I think I will search for a different salon for the next one... I am very pleased with the results, considering this was a first..But I feel that many of you who do this on a regular basis would not have been so pleased...

"Ooooh, rots a deah skin" Yeah Lady, thats is why I am here!!

I got the big massage chair and the tingling lotion on my legs.. It felt so good!! After a bit of scrubbing (my feet are actually pretty smooth now!) , he attacked my toenails... My pinky toenail is kind of deformed, but when he was finished, Why, it resembled a normal toenail!! I got a color that I usually use at home... next time I will go for a fun springtime color!!

My hands were a different story.. I got a french manicure and it looks pretty good! But he did nothing to soften or remove calluses.. Was he suppose to?? And there is still "Lots of dead skin"...

So while this a personal success for me, I believe it could have been better...

6 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

So you had a gentlemen do your toes afterall, hummm. Doesn't sound like you got a "real" manicure. Try a hair salon that has a manicurists if you're just doing the hands. And, they should not have complained about the condition of your feet.

Sally said...

I agree that you got a little jipped on the mani. When I get my nails filled, they don't bother with lotion and I'm used to that...but when you get a real manicure, you should get a little mini massage at the end before they paint. Did they soak your hands in warm water at the beginning?

If I was a millionaire, I would have a pedicure once a week! =)

lioux said...

Hmmm.

I've never had a mani/pedi.

maddie said...

congrats on your first mani/pedi. i hope you felt like a princess. :) you did get a bit jiped on the mani, but at least you have pretty fingers and toes now. :) i get a pedi about every 2-3 weeks and i love them!

Digital Fortress said...

My girl took us to a spa for Valentine's Day last year and we both got manicure/pedicures, facials and massages. It was nice to be spoiled like that. I'd take a massage every week if I could. :)

Terry said...

Yeah, I thought so......

But dont think I am going to stop now!! I will find a good salon..

Ummmm, Shell every 2-3 weeks... I think I could handle that!!!

OH Lioux..... You should get one!!

DG, how nice to be spoiled like that.. I will have to put that on my list as well!! Facial and massage.

As you can see, I am not very nice to myself... I need more treats!!