Apr 27, 2007

Do I Have To?



If you have not caught on to it by now, I am a World Class Procrastinator.


However, I did manage to get quite a few things knocked off of my to do list today, with even more scheduled for tomorrow.
First thing in the morning is my very first 5K run... I have mixed emotions about this.. While I love to run, I am in no shape physically to do so. So I am thinking, nah, I should just stay home and run around the pond a few times... Save myself the embarrassment, right?
Don't worry, I am going to go do it!! I will even post pictures to prove it.. And if I am a little embarrassed about my finish, well I hope you will laugh with me. I am actually excited in a way and most importantly, I think it is physically and mentally something I should be involved in...
I tested myself a few days ago, and while not exactly sure of the distance (it was approximately 3 miles, I think) I finished in about 35 minutes... DON'T YOU SAY A WORD, SHELL !! hee hee.
Gotta start somewhere, and it has been years, hell decades since I was an avid runner!!
I will post as soon as I can, but I also have some other priorities to take care of...... I have found another RED Sofa set and I think it is time to bring it home.... Or at least schedule delivery anyways..
BTW, I had my yearly exam this morning and it is now officially in my medical chart that I have lost 21 pounds......woooo hooooooo!!


2 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Good Luck, Terry!!! I think that works out to a 13 minute mile which is pretty fast for just starting. Pace yourself, dear.
And congrats on the weight loss, with your height that is quite a lot.

Terry said...

Thanks Sami!!