Mar 22, 2007

Soooo Long Old Man Winter

Well it is official....

Spring has sprung!!!!!!!

So, what did I do on the last official day of spring?? I drove around in vast amounts of snow!! Of, course.... I live for this stuff!!
I know this might not seem like a lot to some people, but growing up in the South, it was very uncommon to see anymore than perhaps an inch at a time, maybe once a year if we were lucky. And it never lingered more than a day...















Unlike the prior weeks, I was able to stray a bit from my normal route. Final Stop this week was N Adams, Mass. And let me tell you, once I learned the location of this little town, I became as giddy as a school girl!!


The Canadian enlightened me to all sorts of helpful knowledge. He told me that N Adams was in the mountains of Western Mass.. OMG, I loves me some mountains!! Whenever I am near them, my first inclination is to jump out of the truck and start climbing!!!



When I arrived at Mt Greylock, I was a tad bit disappointed... MOUNTAINS?? More like Big Hills.. Okay, so the eastern ranges can be quite impressive at times, but they will never hold such grandeur as their Western US counterparts...




And while I may have been unenthused by the site of the summits and peaks, I was completely in awe of the pristine whiteness that surrounded me.

Okay, not sooo pristine in the towns, but out in the open....OMG.....Beeee-u-ti-full.
So, until next year, Hugs and Kisses Ol Man Winter!!!

And speaking of farewells...* sniff sniff* The Fisherman is acting up again. I received a phone announcing that this would be my last journey towards New England (until next winter).. Hope he is bluffing, just like before.. Who knows with him. DAMN SNOWBIRDS













2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just show him the latest pictures of the snow!

Larry

Terry said...

Oh, if only he were so gullible!! He checks the weather forecast religiously..

I think I may get it one more week.. After all, we have our big meeting this Sunday, and he detests being late!!