Mar 17, 2007

Hey Buddy, Dont Say I Didnt Warn YOU!!

This weekend I made a quick trip over to Bama (but more on that later)...

On the way home, traffic was flowing its normal 75-80 MPH

I got really tickled because there was this little Saturn literally pushing me down the road. When I would move to the left, it would also move to the left... Go right, YEP, it would go right also... Kind of felt like being drafted (as in NASCAR)... This went on for quite some time... I would accelerate and it would too. Slow down a little, and it never missed a beat....

Okay little Saturn, I will be your front door!! Giddy up!!

So we travelled this way for roughly 50 miles and nearing Birmingham, the little Saturn decided it was time to make its exit... But not before easing up beside and blowing the horn.... I looked over and was shocked at what I saw...

There was a Little Old Lady just a waving and smiling!!

I waved back and tooted my horn and she was off, mashin' her motor to pass me just in time for her exit... Throwing up her hand one last time as she disappeared..... Go Granny!!

But that wasn't even the real topic of my post.

So anyways, a little later on as I was nearing the GA state line, I noticed an SUV pass me and he had one of those cargo racks on top of his vehicle... Nothing out of the ordinary at first... But after a few miles, I noticed that the cargo carrier was coming open and something was trying to make its escape.. Being a concerned citizen, I decided to try and catch him.... That was the easy part... Go Sally Go...

My concern was based on two things:

1. I did not want to be the one to hit whatever it was that was about to fly off of the roof of his car ( I already had 2 rocks hit my windshield this weekend!! CRACK)

2. I did not want to see him unknowingly lose his belongings!

So as I eased up beside him I tooted my horn... "Hey Buddy"

He had both hands on the wheel and was extremely focused on his task at hand... Instead of looking over at me, he instead opted for gassing on it and pulling away...

But I was not to be outdone, so I accelerated once again... Pulling back up beside him, I blew my horn a few more times.... I could see him cut his eyes towards me, but would not look directly at me so I just made some wild gestures to get his attention!!

He wasn't having any part of it and once again increased his speed... Now, I was doing 80 or better.. He had to be up to 90mph at this point, so I watched him pull out of sight... I TRIED!!

Less than 10 minutes later, I happened upon an accident scene... Seems there was this SUV that had a cargo carrier on the roof of his vehicle.... It seems the top part of the carrier had come undone and was set free.... It seems that the pick-up truck following the SUV could not dodge said flying obstacle and now had a busted windshield.. It seems there was stuff scattered out on the roadway.... It seems like I tried to prevent this from happening...

HA ha ha haha.......

6 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you tried, good for you.

Maybe he thought you were trying trying to flirt with him....

Maybe his wife had just booted him out of the house this morning and all this belongings were in the carrier...

Maybe he was just trying to be obnoxious . . .

Maybe . . . who knows...I have never understood some people and the way they act...

Larry

Terry said...

Actually, I got the impression he was scared that I was about to commit an act of ROADRAGE on him...

And his wife?? was asleep beside him in the car... Maybe he just did not want me to wake her up with all my flirting...*hee hee*

Mike said...

We saw several cargo carriers after they flew off and one about to fly awy on our road trip.

lioux said...

Ahhh. You tried.

And don't get me started on cracked windshields.

I always get them when diving on 287!

Terry said...

Right Shell!! Safely of course!! *wink wink*.. Me tooooooo!! And the Saturn driver was as old as dirt!!!


hey Mike, Welcome Back!! I am sure you saw a lot more than that!! Thankfully you did not get to see any UP CLOSE!!

Ohhhhh Lioux, not to bring up a sore spot, but my windshield was cracked twice on my last road trip... IN MY CAR!!! AGGGGGhhhhhh

Sally said...

Maybe he thought you were going to pull a Breakdown on him -- remember that Kurt Russell movie??


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118771/