Mar 2, 2007

"Ladies" of the Night

Last week I stopped at a local Truck Stop in Mt Jackson, Va.

This particular truck stop usually has an abundance of parking spots available because it is not a Large Commercial Chain...

So I pull into my spot and settle in for the night...

When I awoke the next morning, I was a little concerned as to how I was going to get out of there.It seems that a few drivers got a little confused on where to park... The first row was full, so I opted for parking on the second row.. At some point during the night, a third row was created!! with no separation.

I cannot pull forward! I cannot back out!! After several moments deliberating what to do, I gather my nerves and proceed to awaken the driver who has parked behind me... "Sorry , buddy But you have blocked me in and you need to move!!"

Simple, Right??

Well, it should have been, but I am extremely cautious about knocking on Trucks during the middle on the night.. I will not, unless I absolutely have to!!

Why the hesitation?? Well, it is a well known fact that if someone knocks on your door during the wee hours of the morning, it is more than likely a prostitute.... While some of the drivers do not even attempt to get out of bed to answer the knock, the ones who typically do are either angry... or horny...

Not being a typical looking female Trucker, I have been mistaken for a "whore" on more than one occasion...

Oklahoma City, OK. I was harassed in broad daylight while walking from the store to my Truck. BY a POLICE OFFICER.... I later found out that particular location was a hotbed of sexual solicitation... I provided my ID, my Truck Keys and a description of my Truck, but it still took him several minutes to be reassured I was a driver!! I never stopped there again!!

Wytheville, VA- In my early years..... My CB radio had quit working and I was attempting my make my first trip to Connecticut.. I was scared to death!! Not knowing much about where I was heading, I wanted to make sure my CB was working... Driving thru a Truck Stop, I see a gentleman walking across the parking lot and I stopped the Truck. I jumped out and approached him, inquiring where I could find a CB Shop... He never heard a word I was saying, but rather quicken his pace, climbed in the truck and slammed the door in my face... I just stood there, DUH!!! Then he rolled down the window and stated very loudly " I am not interested!!!!" Interested in what?? Someone later told me, that I had been mistaken for a ho... Ohhhhhhhh.

There are more, but you get the idea

So needless to say, I rarely get out of my Truck at night, much less disturb another driver...Well, this time I did manage to get the driver to move without him assuming anything. I had my fourway flashers going which is a universal sign for "Backing Up" in parking lots... Before he could say a word, I said my piece and walked away.... I don't know what he thought, but after a few minutes he did manage to release me from my prison...

Bonus:

Know Your Trucker Lingo

Prostitute- also known as Lot Lizard, Recreational Reptile,Commercial Company and Little Fat Girl


7 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds like such a compliment *rolls eyes*

And those names, wow. What girl wouldn't want to be called that? j/k

Mike said...

What a sheltered life I lead.

I have never been mistaken for a 'ho in a truck stop lot.

Damn. Maybe I just need more tequilla.

Mike said...

But I was once confused for a little girl.

Maybe THAT guy had enough tequilla...

Terry said...

HUH??
Hey Little Girl, want some girl scout cookies???

LID said...

It's the 'little fat girl' one that got me! Why bother?

Love Bears All Things said...

I've heard stories similar to this from my Dad. There used to be solicitation going on over the CB airways. The "ladies" cruised the interstate in RV's and met the truckers in designated parking lots. Guess some things never change.

Terry said...

Well Mama Bear, it seems the "ladies" frequent the truck stops more than ever and the homosexuals claim the rest areas!! Yes, there are guys offering "favors" over the CB as well!!