Mar 15, 2007

#@&*%$#$%

I have just been served!!

About 15 months ago I had a little boo boo with my BIG TRUCK...

I hit a car while backing into a customers parking lot..

I was parked in the road.

I jumped out to check my clearance.

I climbed in the truck.

I checked my mirrors.

I turned on my hazard lights, which is universal for I AM BACKING UP YOU FUCKING IDIOT

I checked my mirrors again and started to back up.

(As a normal practice when backing up, I look in the right mirror and then the left and then the right and then the left and then the right and then the left and then the right and then the left)

I looked in the right mirror, clear.

I looked in the left mirror, clear.

I looked in the right mirror, and there was a car on my bumper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I set the brakes, checked on the little old lady and called 911.....

She was fine!! The car had a very slight crease in the bumper. THAT'S ALL!!!

She had the car towed!! (I should have known there was going to be a problem at this point, but this happened over a year ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The officer did not cite me. He told the little old lady that her car was perfectly drivable.. SHE HAD IT TOWED!!!

NO fines, fees, penalties, or citations... Just an exchange of insurance info.....

Everyone thought she was crazy for having the car towed, including the officer, the tow-truck driver, the customers whom I was delivering to.....

The accident happened with no witnesses.

The accident happened at less than 3 MPH..

She is suing me and my employer for $200, 000.00. For personal injuries..... medical charges, pain, suffering, and the loss of enjoyment of life...

She left the scene of the accident without being treated for injuries... BECAUSE THERE WERE NO FUCKING INJURIES!!!!...

Sorry, for the expletives, but I am soooooooooooooooooooo pissed!!!!

5 comments:

maddie said...

ohmigod. what the f is wrong with people? i hit a gal a few years ago in city traffic, also going about 3 miles an hour, and there wasn't a mark on my car, and she had the audacity to file a claim siting medical injuries! and she was a laywer! needless to say, i have marks on my driving record now. grr!

all i can say is karma definitly goes around.... i'm sorry this happened to you. luckily you work for a company that will stand behind you.

Terry said...

Yeah, Shell I am still waiting to hear from my employers concerning this matter.. I hate those commercials telling people to sue the Big Trucks for every little thing!!! She is obviously seeing $$ but I don't see how she can win.... I have never been involved in something like this, so all I can do is wait!!

Angel said...

Okay... hubby started reading blogs Saturday and happened upon yours. This kind of stuff is right up his alley. He's a lawyer who does this kind of shit. He says he'd eat this little old lady up and spit her out. He states you need a good defense attorney (unless your insurance company provides one for you.) You need to get the officer who was there to testify.

Good luck babe! It sounds like an absurd situation and I hope it goes away.

Terry said...

Thanks for chiming in Angel. (I was hoping hubby would have something to say about this) Thanks Angel's Hubby!!

I am shocked to learn that my employer has been trying to settle with her, but she refused and that is where the lawsuit came in!!

I am adamant that I feel they should not settle... still waiting for more word on this!!

Sally said...

I would be SO pissed, too! What a joke! Hopefully the cop remembers what happened...good luck, and keep us posted!

My hubby backed into someone while he was making a 3-point turn to get into a parking lot, and there was damage, but the idiot pulled right behind a hummer and could not see the driver, and just sat there...so B couldn't see him and he barely bumped him. Now he has a point on his record, and our insurance is sky high! There's got to be some differentiation between backing into someone at 3 mph and running a red light and hitting someone. C'mon!