Mar 25, 2007

So here is the Dealio!!!!

Went to the meeting this morning and it looks like all systems are on go!!

Not a whole lot to tell at this point. Doesn't appear I would be losing anything if I make the transition... Doesn't really appear that I would be gaining a whole lot either.. Well maybe a few things.

So I will just hit the high notes.

They are offering a Retention Compensation Bonus!! That means if I make the transition and complete 6 months of employment, I will receive a nice little bonus check!!

They are going to cover all insurance premiums under COBRA, until I am eligible for their benefitprogram.

Wages and compensation will remain roughly the same. Maybe a .01% increase, not really enough to call it an increase.

401K and profit sharing are equivalent.

Paid Vacations- same.. But you are compensated for a number of sick days thru out the year!!

No Computer monitoring.. They use Nextel!! Which means all those business related calls will no longer be on my dime.

No idling restrictions..

They also have this neat little Driver Reward Program where you can earn points and redeem them for free gifts... Cool Items like Ipods, TVs, camcorders....

No more Clown Suits!! Their uniform program involves Shirts Only!! Decent Shirts!!

Okay , I know I am digging deep here, but I am just trying to cover all the basics!

Oh, did I mention that there are over 8 different accounts in the Huntsville area... Looks like a transfer might be possible after all!!





Now I will mention the downfalls.....

........ Hmmmm..........

There is only one downfall I can see at this point.. It is rumored that Homer is being offered an opportunity to transfer as well... Rumored!! The New Employer people would not confirm or deny this, but one driver said he got confirmation...

I could be overly dramatic about this and really start fussing, but the truth of the matter is...

Homer doesn't really aggravate me like he does the male drivers!! His downfall is that he is a (dumbass) he is not quite (dumbass) He just has not completely grasped the (dumbass)




Lets just say he is not well suited for his job (dumbass)!!



That has no impact on my decision whatsoever.. I have had to work around Homer for 4 years, and know how to compensate for his lack of job-related skills...



So all in all, everything looks full steam ahead..

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, If Homer makes the transition, then there are a few drivers who have declared that they would not!! That means I would move up on the Seniority List...



All in all. my decision had already been made long before this meeting.. But that is the dealio!!

8 comments:

maddie said...

yay! that sounds great. I was thinking about you this morning...I'm glad the meeting went so well!

Terry said...

Oh Shell, I am so freaking excited!! I have big plans for the next few years and the transition to this company will put me way ahead of the game... I am going to do Great Things for myself!!!! Woooo hooooo!!!!

Mike said...

Sounds like a good deal, even with a Homerto deal with.

Terry said...

A little Duff Beer and Homer will be fine!!

Rick said...

Coolio

lioux said...

There doesn't seem to be any real big downsides to this at all. Even with the whole Homer thing.

Love Bears All Things said...

And if you transfered to Huntsville, that would take care of that.

Terry said...

Rick, I thought you would like this post!! COOLIO Indeedy...

Lioux, the only down side is the Trucks are governed at a slower speed than the one I am in now!!
AGGGHHHHH.. But everything else seems to compensate for that...WOOOOO HHHHHoOOOOOOOO!!

Yes, Mama Bear, A transfer would definitely eliminate the Homer!!

As, you all can tell, I am VERY EXCITED!!