Mar 9, 2007

Downsizing Week ??

Over the past few months I have been on a quest to lose those unwanted pounds... The BMI chart I was using claimed that I was on the low side of OBESE... WTF...

While I have viewed myself as being a little fluffy, I would have never called myself obese and I think those who know me who agree!!

I have been very consistent with an average lose of 1 and 1/2 pounds a week until this last month... Total weight loss for the month. Less than 1 pound!! AAAAAArrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

HELP, of course I do know why last month yielded no results and I am determined to get back on track, but here is my official update.

I have lost 21 pounds and 9 and 1/2 inches!!!! OMG... That is soooooo awesome!!

Funny thing, I still don't see the results of my endeavors, but then again, I did not notice the weight gain as it was happening either!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO proud of you!!!

Larry

Ginger said...

Way to go! I don't see how you cannot see 9 1/2 inches, though. Maybe it is like those people who look in a mirror and see themselves fat. You just haven't adjusted your 'mind's eye' and self-image to the new you! I know what it is like to be on a plateau, too. Stayed that way for 2 months but now I am losing again!

Love Bears All Things said...

I usually can tell in my waist after a week, I think that's water though. I tend to gain wait in the abdomen, midriff area, what they call an apple. Health wise it is better to be a pear with the gain in the hips because of the heart. Hey maybe you lost it in your feet.
If you know you lost 9 1/2 inches, then you have to know where those inches came from, you measured, right?
Enjoy your weekend with your "babies"

Terry said...

See, G.... I told you, it doesnt look like a 20 lb loss....

Thanks Mama Bear!! I just cant resist the little people!!

It was my lack of noticing that caused me to get out the tape!! Yes, I do know where I lost it, but the tape definitely confirmed it for me!!

And for the record, I am both a pear, and an apple!!

Mike said...

I lost about 30 pounds toting luggage into the hotel room tonight, and joy of joys we move again in the morning!

Terry said...

WHAT? Hey maybe, you guys can move every morning, and then you will be back to your old skinny self when you return home....

Did you pay for the added fun!!

maddie said...

i love how you describe yourself as a little fluffy. that's cute. :-) i recently lost a lot of weight when i stopped drinking. it's amazing how much weight i put on when i was a big drinker. i'm so proud of you for what you have lost! i'm cheering you on from this side of the country!!!!

Terry said...

Thanks, Shell!!

Yep, the booze will really make you swell up, I think that stress is my biggest enemy when it comes to weight gain. I hae eliminated most of the stress, so with a little more exercise I should be good to go...

And congrats to you also on your victorious battle with the Demon Alcohol!!

maddie said...

thanks, terry. on the 21st of this month i will have a year and a half sober!

Terry said...

You go girl!!!! That is amazing, and now I am the one who is sooooo proud!!