Mar 22, 2007

Merging Traffic

A few months ago I did a post on NYC traffic.... God, I love this City!!!! No, I am being serious!!

Well, today while piddling around on the computer, I discovered a video I meant to post earlier...

The video takes place on I-87 (Major Deegan) going northbound to the entrance ramps for I-95 (Cross Bronx)(George Washington Bridge)... While you may only notice a few vehicles "merging", let me assure you I was "cut-off" more than 25 times by cars as well as Big Trucks. And all this on a 1/10 mile stretch of ashalt..

It is amazing to me how when traveling elsewhere, I become overly frustrated when someone cuts me off... My vehicle weighs in excess of 70K people.. I cant just stop on a dime because you want me to!!!

But it never seems to bother me in NYC... I guess it is because this is the norm, as opposed to traffic flowing well with no need to dart into traffic risking collision...

Yes, I am bored today people... Thanks for asking!!

No comments: