Mar 9, 2007

The Verdict Is In

Previously, I mentioned that my JOB might be in jeopardy.

Well ladies and Gentlemen, the decision has been made, and I really dont know how to express my feelings at the moment. Hmmmmm

So out with the old and in with the new. While I must say I was a bit shocked with the decision! Several of our inside sources confirmed that we would indeed renew the contract. Boy, were they wrong!!

So the new company will take over the transportation aspect of the Aluminum Co in mid-August...

What does this mean for me??

I could stay with my present employer, but that would mean going back to an Over-The-Road position.. I am sure you are thinking " Isn't driving from the ATL to Boston , over the road??"
And , Yes, it is with the following exceptions... I deliver to the same customers every week. I am dedicated to haul nothing but The Aluminum Co's freight. I dont have to wait on loads. I always always always know where I will be on any given day of the week. No waiting in line to unload. No weekends away from home. I define my job as being an out of town local delivery girl.

Over the road drivers have none of the familiarity or consistency that I get with my route!!

Or, I could seek employment with the new outfit.. One of the contingencies that the Aluminum Co lists in the contract is that the current drivers are to be offered employment with the new transportation company. I am very grateful for this clause. I do not necessarily like my current employer, but they held the contract, so I stayed with them....

I am excited to know, that The New Employer is going to offer me employment, but I am anxious to find out all of the details ie: pay scale, benefits.

So, I started to do a little digging... With the information that was discovered I began to grow more and more excited... This could mean big changes for me in the next year or so!!

So, I will keep you posted as all the details roll in. (We are to be contacted by The New Employer within the next 6 weeks)

Side Note: While all of the current drivers are to be offered the chance to make the move, so are the maintenance guys. And good for them!! The assistant site manager, as well. But there is a vicious rumor that our current local boss will be offered the same opportunity. If this happens and Homer makes the decision to join the new team, I may not be a part of the transfer... In fact, all the drivers feel the same way... More on him later!!

4 comments:

lioux said...

I hope this is an awesome year for you.

Terry said...

Thanks Lioux!! I am sure that it will be, I have some things I am determined to make happen, and with all the changes, they should be easier to accomplish!!! *clapping wildly*

Mike said...

Ch ch ch changes!


Whatever happens I am sure you will be just fine. If not. run someone off the road on your last day, just for grins!

Terry said...

Thanks Mike, no really, now I will be singing THAT song all day!! *hee hee*

Yep, actually, things are looking brighter, maybe I will be local for next camping trip!! Big Changes coming up!!