Jan 26, 2007

Love Connection

I have mentioned before that my mother is a bit overly concerned about my status in life. I had toyed with the idea of creating a fictional boyfriend to ease her concerns a bit, because she cant seem to grasp the fact that I AM OKAY with being single, for now.

So this week I had the opportunity to come across several fellows interested in sharing their phone numbers with me... I graciously accepted the numbers and discreetly shared them with the dumpster.. *hee hee*

Now on a weekly basis I chat with Moms on the phone. During this ritual she occasionally inquires as to whether my status has improved. (Her word, not mine) Because I love a good giggle, I occasionally feed her tidbits of my adventures to get her going... So this week, I was feeling a bit playful and told her of the encounters I had experienced this week. Right on cue, she starts in with the questions.

Do you need a passport to go to Canada? You might think about getting one so you could go to Montreal. (one of the guys was Canadian)
Massachusetts is not too far away, Do you think you could get that load every week? May be you could meet him for dinner once a week.
You might like having a younger man as your boyfriend, it will keep you feeling young (one of them was only about 21-22).

I know, it is rather not nice to tease her in this way. But I gave up long ago trying to explain things outright... And you know what they say, "if you can't beat em.....join em".

So rather than let her disappointment affect my mood, I just go with the flow and get a good laugh out of the response. I do this discreetly , of course.

5 comments:

Angel said...

LOL... wickedly funny!

Wow... man magnet?

Terry said...

Actually, I think it is just the industry.. There arent too many females on the road who smile as much as I do...And I always have something humorous to say... Maybe I should tone down the personality a notch... But that just wouldnt be me, now would it.

LID said...

Poor Terry -- harassed on the road then harassed on the phone. It's a good thing you have a great sense of humor!

Angel said...

that sounds like fun...throwing the personality around. I bet you get such looks when you climb out of the truck. I know two guys at U-haul were shocked when I climbed into the cab of a 24' rental truck when hubby and I moved. When we returned they asked if hubby didn't have a valid drivers license (which is odd since he rented the freakin' truck). I asked why, and they said, "well women don't usually want to drive the trucks is all." Whatever!

So if that turned heads I can see how you do.

Terry said...

Oh G, I think as long as he has got a pulse, he would do just fine!!