Mar 31, 2007

And I Wonder, Still I Wonder.......

Whoooooooooo will stop the raaaaaaaainnnn.

hee hee.


Why these songs pop in my head, I'll never know....


but really

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor, would you be mine, could you be mine..... Wont ya be my neighbor??





HI NEIGHBOR!!

okay seriously now


If you have ever looked at a Motor Carriers Atlas, you will notice there are a lot of routes that are highlighted in a funky orange color... These highlighted roads are designated truck routes.







now, that makes it easier, when trying to find a "good" road.


Last Wednesday, I had to make a stop in the city of Lancaster, Ohio... Traffic was absolutely horrible in this town. There were just not enough escape routes. So I pulled out the ol' Atlas to search for a "good" road to get me out of there and back into West Virginia as quickly as possible.







Insert "Dueling Banjos" here Click it, you know you want to!!!!







According to the map, Ohio Rt 664 was a "good" road....A designated Truck Route.....







Well, it was a good road in some aspects of the word.. It was fully paved and marked.... Hwy number was posted. There were even Truckers signs... (Big Trucks use lower gears!!)(Trucks Use Caution)(Steep Downgrade Ahead, Trucks Slow Down)







But a "Good" Truck Route, it was not!!



The Speed limit on this little jewel of a road was 55mph.... There were hairpin turns... Steep grades....And yes, I got a little nervous a time or two... Especially when there was that 6 ft drop off on my right, and on coming traffic was on my side of the yellow line!!!! But I did get safely from one end to the other..., but not at 55 MPH... NO, I'd say it was more like 35 MPH...

Now, I am not saying this is not a good road, no, not at all.... In fact, I think I will try to use this route as often in possible.... But next year, I will not have to renew my Season Pass at Six Flags, because Goliath and Batman can't beat this road for all the thrills it provided..

No comments: