Jan 1, 2010

Twenty Ten

Hello Friends and Happy New Year.


I suppose now would be the perfect time to reflect upon last year and see where I have landed.

First, although I had high hopes of becoming more fit, seems I have let that resolution slip through my grasp. But then, don't most resolutions fall by the wayside rather rapidly. With nearly an entire year of physical problems, I only managed to run/walk for a total of 389.26 miles. I added in a stationary bike (deciding to go the no impact route) late in the year and accumulated another 229 miles on it. In 2010, my goal will be to ride no less than 3000 miles... Seems like a huge jump, but in reality, it is very attainable.

The year in Trucking has been a prosperous one, with so many other drivers losing their jobs to a slow economy. I am now 6th in seniority, which doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I have struggled to get comfortable with my truck, due to exhaust leaks and uncomfortable seats, but in the end...I am still very confident that I am at no risk of losing my job, so the rest kind of seems irrelevant. I will be climbing back into Frankentruck on January 3rd to test out a new motor, courtesy of Volvo...Seems they are adding a little sugar to my lemons.

Financially I am better off, but I think emotionally I may have taken a step backwards. This year was spent in a very subdued and tense state. I do not like suppressing my tension, because inevitably, it always affects those near and dear to me. But it affects me the most, and I am very good at not showing my cracks...Believe me though, I am cracking!! I already have plans made to eliminate most of this tension. Plus, another trip to Disney World in the Spring should help out.

The jury is still out as to whether or not I made last year count. Kind of a depressing reality check, in fact. I did make some new friends, lost a few friends, and had some friendships stall out. I really need to work at keeping in touch with people, but it is sometimes difficult to over come the influences of your earlier years, so that is one I will have to prioritize.

Guess that about sums it up, back to that reality check....ugh!!

Well, I thought I should at least stop by to Welcome the New Year to my Blog. With that done, I look forward to a very prosperous and rewarding 20-10. 10-4

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are missed more than you will ever know.

gdiesels said...

Happy New Year Terry

Terry said...

Anon, sometimes, I am not the only one who lets friendships fade away...It takes 2 to tango....Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

YAY!! Hello gdiesels, so good to see you in this neck of the woods. I trust your Christmas was wonderful, the girls got everything they hoped for and the New Years is going to be fantastic??

StrokerAce90 said...

A trip to Disney World sounds Relaxin Terry, but if your anything like me (i think i saw physical problems mentioned) you will use places like The Hall Of Presidents and also Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress for a comfortable place to sit down and rest while still enjoying some very entertaining attractions of the park.

Happy New Year Terry, I send my very best of wishes that you may have a very Prosperous and Rewarding 20-10.

Todays Walk said...

Last year was last year. The only things we have control over is today and how it affects the days to come. A new motor, Cool. Tomorrow is peak traffic day on I-95, but the weather is on your side again, I think. I haven't looked at it yet today. :) What are your total (real) miles for last year in the truck, that is worth sharing. Have a good trip.

Love Bears All Things said...

Seems to me you did a great job on the fitness thing. Any step forward is a good thing. My resolutions tend to be more goals or self improvement.Giving back something for all that I've received. I don't beat myself up if I am where I was last year at this time with the weight loss. I still think it is a good thing to make plans to live healthy.
Mama Bear

Terry said...

Eric, Thanks so much! I think I may have a few more solutions to the sciatic problems and it is not sooo much pain, as it is continual discomfort..But I am still working thru that...Here Here 20-10!! Right back at ya Big Guy *hugs*

Todays Walk. oh why did I not think of that, especially considering my love of numbers..LOL. Well, I could estimate that I have driven about 120k this year, but I am at a loss for accurate totals. I did not keep up with all of my mileages, and having driven multiple trucks throughout the year, it is really anybody's guess. I will have totals next year!!

Mama Bear, I am pleased that I continued onward with my fitness quest, but I struggled to get the results I posted, I have some very positive influences in that dept, so I am going to exceed my own expectations next year, just you wait and see.

Unknown said...

Terry, you've done just fine in the fitness dept., sometimes you just gotta change how you look and go about it and you've done exactly that with the exercise bike :).

Very, very pleased to have gotten to know you this past year. Every time somebody says something about me being so little, I'm all like but you should meet my friend Terry....lol.

Happy New Year!
Gabby

John II said...

Happy New Year, Terry.
So you'll be checking out Frankentruck's new heart, er, motor and see if Volvo made some sweet lemonade out of those lemons.

Terry said...

Thanks so much Gabby, you will never know how much a vote of confidence from you, actually means to me..And it has been my pleasure..Give James and Elsie my BEST!! Happy New Year Girl!!

John II, I dont think I will be drinking lemonade just yet, I still have all the other issues to contend with as I am only getting a new engine. But, hopefully, it will be set up properly and pull like a champion. With it being my motor, I dont have to worry so much about how it has been treated in the past.Just hope the quirks are few and far between, as all new engines tend to need to be seated before driving the left lane out of them..LOL HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The Wondering Brit said...

Disney World? really?
Why not step out of the box or even out of the country?
Heck try Euro Disney (ok, maybe not)
Personally I think you could do with a real adventure, test yourself a little. Heck, go tax free shopping in Dubai.
But alas I'm STILL waiting for the vid so well promised.

SO anyway lofty, really - have a great, if not a little awesome New Year

Gary said...

hi, Terry and happy new year! just sitting hear catching up on all your new adventures. i hope the new motor works out, you could use a break.
glad to hear about the bicycle thing. low impact might just be the ticket for you.
i may not be hanging out with friends as the 3rd wheel anymore. keep your fingers crossed for me...
your friend, Gary.

Terry said...

Ohh GARY, that is great news. Email to follow!!

Terry said...

TWB..ooops, sorry for the late response. I know you are right. I do need to go on a real adventure, but the Disney trip is a tag along trip. I get a discounted rate going with family and it does sort of count as getting away. I would love to go international, but I am one of those who does not feel comfortable taking vacation alone. ALas, here I am! As for the video, I think I am going to have to purchase new equipment, the computer is stressing me out because it wont let me see my edits, and it s not the software, it is the video card giving me fits. I would rather pay the expense of a new laptop than trying to upgrade this one any further. Sorry. I do look forward to seeing where life takes you this year, especially if you are through with trucks!! Cheers!!