Jan 15, 2010

WOYM # 11

I used to have my own "large car" running Toronto to NYC 2or3 times per week my favorite part of the city has to be Queens because of the great people I have met. Whats your favorite part of the city and why?

Ohhh, I love this question!! I love New York and most people don't understand that. I would have to agree, I love Queens. I do have wonderful customers in Bronx, and Brooklyn, but my best trucking stories always happen in Queens.I almost feel like a local because I spend so much time there and the Natives know me. So, free meals, good stories, and plenty of laughs....almost guaranteed to in happen in Queens. In fact, the first time I ever got lost was in Queens. The local garbage service blocked the roads for me so I could make a turn. And there was that time I got bombarded with Krispy Kreme donut holes...The morning after was hilarious.


Astoria Blvd, Queens, New York

I have had plenty of good times in Queens, but I do try to make all my stops good ones. That isnt too hard running dedicated. The Bronx stops are fairly easy, and Brooklyn can be a pain, but I love all parts New York..


One of my favorite videos to produce was this one, with quite a bit of footage in Queens, New York. Hope you enjoy!! I know I did!!


Ask me anything

5 comments:

Todays Walk said...

Thanks for the movie. Got a good laugh out of it. 7 minutes out of hours on the road. Cool, look forward to more...

Anonymous said...

Your a little devil with the snowballs!!! You should have been a pitcher.lol Cool vid little T i will add it on my youtube favz.
At least you guy's handle the snow over here in the UK we get a couple of inches and the country grinds to a stop!!!!
Drive safe be good.
Roland.(Yorkshire TipperDriver)

Terry said...

Today's Walk So glad you enjoyed the video. It was from last winter. I hope to be making more soon. Technical difficulties and all..

Roland, Thanks for watching and reading!! I sincerely try to make the most out of every situation, at least attitude-wise. I am lucky in the fact that the winter roads that I drive on are in areas that know how to treat them. I live in the South, and it is common knowledge that the Southern States shut down for snow as well.But the New England area does a great job with winter weather!!

StrokerAce90 said...

I now laugh out loud when I hear the term: "Drives like a NYC cab driver" because of getting to know you a little bit from the internet Terry. I often catch myself saying: "Thats not how Little Trucker would Do It" when i see a Tractor Trailer Truck make a move in traffic (or on the net) that is less than smooth so to say.

You Rock young Lady,....You "are" Doin It!

Terry said...

Eric, talk about putting me under pressure. Yeah, I wish a few more people would do it my way!! LOL, but I do think it takes a certain finesse to run NYC and not get upset, or a negative attitude. You have to love what you do, love new places and realize that there is always going to be some idiot doing something crazy and you have to be prepared for it. I do appreciate your confidence in me!!