Jan 12, 2010

WOYM # 6

How come the sunrises in the east and falls in the west? ~ Anon

Well, I think perhaps the main reason the sunlight proceeds in this pattern is because I am typically heading east in the morning. And likewise heading west in the evening. It is just another one of life's designs to annoy me...You may also notice that the days are shorter in the winter..That is because I tend to sleep more when I am cold, so there is no need to irritate me with excessive sunlight...

Anon, you do realize that the sun actually does neither..It is the Earth's rotation that gives the illusion of the sun's placement.

Ask me anything

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have the same problem, always seem to be heading in the wrong friggen direction at the wrong time. It's the great fifth wheel in the sky working against us.

Doh, you mean the sun doesn't move! Its the earth!!!! My Gawd!

John II said...

Of course!
This is what happens when people got pass science class in school.

Terry said...

Tanker Yanker..Hmmmm, I think where most people think the earth revolves around them, I was merely stating the the sun revolves around ME....lol