Jan 12, 2010

Tuesday 1-12-10

I was finally able to get some decent sleep last night, having decided to just go with the flow. I get ready to make my next delivery and the truck starts just fine. I don't know about you, but when something is wrong with my truck, I am almost embarrassed to drive it. Thankfully, I eased out of the parking lot without making a single screech. As soon as I entered the roadway, it started.


I get to Southington, Connecticut and enter the first of 2 indoor deliveries for the day. Once again, the truck remains quiet throughout the whole process. Back to the big road and all hell breaks loose.

The aforementioned injector/cup troubles have reignited. At least I am able to make all my deliveries, and will be heading southbound. This is not MY truck, so if I end up having to get repairs made on the road, I will not be a happy camper. I don't mind waiting, if I reap the rewards. But babysitting a spare truck is not my idea of a good time.

So, I have discovered that as long as I am creeping along, the truck remains somewhat quiet. But in order for this beast to pull, I have to keep the RPMs almost maxed out. Conflicting interests..........And for the record, the truck feels like the whole motor is coming apart, but the Stooges knew that before they put me in it..I will drive until it quits...At this point I am not concerned with creating more damage. Bastards knew better than to do this to me.

So, as the day progresses, I am slowly losing my cool. Along with all the noises, I now have to endure these surges. The best way I can explain it is 1) It feels as if a 3 stage jake engages every 15-20 seconds, but only for a moment 2) remember when you were a kid, and just as you were about to run after something, your older brother snatched your shirttail and halted you in your tracks, repeatedly!!

I spoke with the boss and asked if Frankentruck would be joining me next week... The verdict is still out. They are hoping to have him finished on Friday. If that is not the case, I might just take next week off. I have endured enough tension over the previous 4 loads with faulty equipment, that I am almost willing to park this one deep in ravine. I joked with a friend earlier that this truck is making me feel suicidal/homicidal. Not sure which one, but I have definitely had my fill.

I am currently about 10 hours away from the plant, and the good news is.....

OH, the good news is that even though I have not been into New England since November of last year, I still received 3 Christmas presents this week.. Awwww, they missed me!!

3 comments:

John II said...

I'd opted for the next week off. And schedule plenty of spa treatments as well, too.
:)

StrokerAce90 said...

I can relate to how you felt with your truck makin ya feel em-bare-azz-ed, I to hated to be seen drivin something that is not soundin right either. it seems like everybody has to give ya that look lol

Glad to hear ya were only jokin that ya truck was making feel suicidal/homicidal & not serious.

& only 3 christmas presents from New england? hmm, it would have been 4 if only santa had the address of Americas Favorite Little Trucker =]

Terry said...

JOHN II , I inquired about the week off, but my Frankentruck is back at the yard!! YAY

Eric, I hate it when people think I caused the damage, or just dont care about my equipment. It is worse being female~ stereotypes and criticism...And I was really surprised to get the 3 gifts. I had not been to NE in 2 months, so I did not expect that at all!