Jan 15, 2010

WOYM # 12-13

How did you do the dash-cam sorta videos? Tripod? Specialized camera mount? Pillow and luck?

It is actually a specialized camera mount that costs about $20 dollars and is attached to hand rail of dash with ZipTies....I have also tried the TriPod in the center of the sleeper, but you really need a lot of weight to keep it steady. I have found that mounting directly to the dash is a lose/lose situation because the camera shakes entirely too much no matter how much duct tape you use. You need to mount to the most immobile portion of the truck, which happens to be the handrail by the dash panel on a Volvo. I should show a picture, but it is mounted in my truck at this time, and I have not seen my truck in 5 weeks.

Do you blog on the road via a laptop and wireless or do you save it all up till ye get home?

I do blog in my head when I am on the road, and I try to get it posted as quickly as possible, but I am very busy from sun up to sun down and usually do not allow myself the time. So when I get home, the emotion of the moment is lost, and I blog what I remember... I would probably do better to go ahead and do a draft then edit it when I get home. For the most part, you will find new posts Thursday thru Sunday. I will comment, that I seem to lose readers, by waiting to post..but that is just the way it is. I am a very busy girl, when out on the road. Thanks for the questions!!

Ask me anything

No comments: