Jan 26, 2010

WOYM # 29

List 5 place on Planet Earth you wish to visit.

Alaska, Ireland, Tanzania, Australia, and you know it is not really fair to ask for a specific number of places. I would love to visit any jagged snowy mountain peak. I would also love to visit some places like the Galapagos Islands.

I am actually quite fascinated with Alaska and would not mind a bit in the world to winter there for a season or two. I think that comes from my love of mountains and also cold climates. Being a southern girl, I have unnaturally adapted to frozen temperatures and find it to be extremely exhilarating.

While I may list Ireland as a definite, I would love to tour all European Countries! I know a few people from Ireland. My favorite band is from Ireland. And the whole fascination with leprechauns kind of lured me in. Okay, so I am joking about that last part, but the Emerald Isle is a must see for me.

Tanzania is on the list because for as long as I can remember I have always wanted to go on Safari. In my younger days, I dreamed of being a photographer for periodicals such as National Geographic and wildlife shows absolutely fascinate me. This is another place that I would love to submerge myself into the cultural experience. Maybe not so much with the natives, but more in the surrounding wildlife. And yes, I do realize that they have nasty bites and sharp teeth.

Also included in this list is Australia. I have always loved the accent, but then I love all accents. And the idea of The Outback !! I have made a few friends Down Under thanks to the Internet and hopefully one day some of these "dreams" will come to fruition.

List 5 things you want do before you die.

Sky Dive from a perfectly good plane, perform on stage in front of an mesmerized audience, climb a mountain peak and soar with the eagles, take an Alaskan Cruise, and then I would like to fall in love again..Yeah, that would be nice.

Ask me anything

6 comments:

StrokerAce90 said...

Alaska & the Galapagos Islands have always been a place of interest to me, but after reading this, ya got me wanting to go on a Safari now! lol

Mount Monadnock is the most hiked mountain in the United States & its 20 minutes from Rancho Relaxo, I have done it, you should do it.

It is in my hopes Terry that you will find that perfect special someone & have all your hopes & dreams come true.

Terry said...

Thanks Eric!! Since you mentioned it..Would you be willing to provide bed and breakfast? Just saying, since I missed the Thanksgiving Feast at da Ranch...Yeah, I have Big Dreams, I should quit wishing and do some planing.

The Wondering Brit said...

Ireland is an awesome country and all the roads have 'tractor' lanes - amazing!
Cork and Dublin are great cities too.
Mountians? Mt Kilimanjaro is a must and you can take Tanzania in at the same time.
Worked on the training for the 91 Camel Trophy for Tanzania http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Tb-Wrn5fI
Alaska; Did N.Ontario once doing cold weather vehicle trails for LR - Fkin COLD! lol
Aussie: Have too many friends there, I would spend all my time visiting them than getting out and traveling across the Outback, though South Island NZ is awesome!
Galapagos... never really though about that.
Jumping from a perfectly good aircraft - are you INSANE? lol

Being rock Goddess... I'd love to play a good riff in front of an appreciative crown for show

Slimeface said...

I like both of these images you posted! Very dramatic looking!!

StrokerAce90 said...

Terry, surely you know that I would welcome you into my home anytime, just do me one favor before you come tho,....give me a heads up so that I can be sure to have my tractor all fueled up for you! :-]

Terry said...

TWB... LOL I think you have me confused with our favorite Arkansas Marathoner..I do not want to be a Rock Goddess..I was referring to the Theatre :-)


SLIMEFACE, what an honor to have you stop by. You, dear Sir, are a photographic genious and I loved your "interview" with Bethany