Jan 5, 2007

Thar She Blows !!

It has been an exceptionally nice winter this year, which actually scares the s#*t out of me. Lots of warm temperatures and no snow in a lot of the regions that should have had some(plenty ) by now.

So, this morning while enjoying a nice cup o' java, I was watching the local morning news and the weather forecast for today is Strong Thunderstorms with a large Tornado warning covering at least half of the state.

Out the window, the view is that of any typically overcast day.

An hour or so passes, and then come the friendly Sirens, indicating a twister is eminent?? I have always wanted to be a storm chaser. I am fascinated by Mother Nature!! And on occasion, you will find me out on the porch looking for the beast itself... I HAVE SPOTTED AT LEAST 3 IN MY LIFETIME THAT WERE WITHIN A MILE OF MY VERY BEING. Actually witnessed one forming over my head, that touched down within a mile of were I was standing...

So, naturally I run to the porch and gaze with intent upon the morning sky... The sirens sound several times and the winds are changing direction. The rains come....The winds follow....Is that a train I hear off in the distance?? But alas, No green skies, no hail (for which I am thankful, Sally is fully exposed ) After a 10 minute deluge, the winds die down and the rains have abated. Seems we have the All Clear for now..

I am somewhat disappointed, but I am sure the townsfolk would probably send me packing if they knew I was anxious to see another twister.. Better keep that info to myself..

No comments: