Jan 25, 2007

Winter Wonderland

As I mentioned before (or did I?? Hmmm) I headed up to Long Island Sunday for the beginning of my weekly excursion. 44 Degrees when I left the house. The temperature slowly began to drop, the further I went.. By the time I made it to Charlotte NC (4.5 hours), the temp had dropped to 33. Another hour and I am in Virginia.


Virginia was experiencing a very slight ice storm, but enough to send travellers spinning off into the ditches. At one point, while cruising up the highway, a car began to slip and slide directly in front of me. Fishtail to the left... Fishtail to the right... back to the left...and to the right...KA BAM!! Front fender into the concrete divider... 180...rear fender into the guardrail.... She finally came to rest on the side of the road with the tires stuck in a ditch. Now the scary part of the story is the fact that she was no more than one hundred feet in front of me, losing control. And beside me was another Big Rig, so I had no where to go. Although we both managed to come to a complete stop without sliding, it was quite the white-knuckle experience there for a moment.


By the time I reached PA, the icy conditions had diminished and I was left with little more than a few flurries. So here is my contribution to winter weather photos:


Oh, and by the way, the ice I picked up in Virginia stayed with me for 3 days. Time to get the truck washed, don't you think??

No comments: