Nov 23, 2006

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way......

I am 34 and single. I am okay with this. However, my mother is NOT. If I happen to mention speaking to someone of the male species, she begins to fantasize about unlimited possibilities (not limited to marriage and children). I find this quite humorous at times, and very invading quite often.

Okay, so I mentioned a week or so ago that I had met one of my new neighbors (a male). He is a firefighter, he had some scars (I presumed from his job), he spoke to me. Anyways, he had invited me to come eat Thanksgiving Dinner with his family. (A nice gesture)

So, this afternoon my mother calls to check in and one of the first things out of her mouth was "So, do you think you could get use to the scars?"

Now let me explain a little further.... This is a neighbor, making a nice gesture, who is 15 years older. Thats all. I am not dating him. I am not sleeping with him.. I am not going to marry him!!!

Let me repeat myself.... I am 34 and single. I AM OKAY WITH THIS....

4 comments:

KC said...

Wow. You really need to keep her out of the loop, or better yet get good at feeding her disinformation.

Terry said...

I am very good with the disinformation process, however she was very concerned about my location for Thanksgiving..I felt obligated to spill some beans, I just wasnt expecting the response.(SIGH) Maybe I will create an illusional boyfriend to ease her weary mind...

Anonymous said...

don't know if you will see this or not. this was a couple years ago i guess. don't ask why i'm snooping back so long, i have no real answer except i really like reading the things you write. i found this very amusing, although i felt bad for the fireman that you didn't take him up on his offer...

Terry said...

I did Gary!! I had Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family. Everyone understand that there was nothing else to it, except good ol Mom..