Jan 26, 2007

Ring Around the Freakin' Rosie Already!!

There is one issue in Truckin' that I have to deal with on a daily basis. And it annoys the s#!t out of me.

Now in this day and age, there are quite a few more ladies driving the Big Rigs than in years past. I feel safe to say that the appearance of these women somewhat varies and breaks down into roughly 3 categories. 25% are typically older women who team drive with their husbands and have a very nice appearance. 25% are younger woman who maintain a nice appearance and demeanor while at work. And the remaining 50% are those who seem to have a lack of concern for their general health or appearance. Obese women, with stained clothing and a donut hanging out of their mouths. They typically also have a nasty attitude. Although I am not intending to judge these women for their position in life, I think it is very sad that they choose to present themselves this way.

So naturally when the male truck drivers roll up on one of the nicer looking women, they tend to over react and sometimes make a fool of themselves... They act as if they have never seen a woman before. Dont get me wrong, it is not all men who behave this way, but the ones that do really leave an impression!!

On the way home this week I had to deal with this issue for an unusually long amount of time. It all started in North Carolina. #1 passes me and proceeds to pull over in front of me and slow down. Naturally, after a few miles I decide to go ahead and take back the lead. After all, he is hindering my progress and I am eager to get home. In a few minutes, he makes the pass again. This time with a big goofy grin on his face. Once again slowing down, I make my move yet again. The third time he passes me he is waving like a lunatic . We played this game for over 25 miles and eventually he moves on down the road. But not before another fellow gets in on the action. And then a third. From an aerial view, I can imagine we look like a bunch of nutshells with a peanut hidden underneath. Find the hidden peanut!! Just like a magician proving the hand is faster than the eye. You know the game.
I was just about to get over my mental ranting about how stupid these men were behaving when 3 more show up for some fun and games!! Now these guys all worked for one company and were talking discreetly on an alternate CB channel. The first one spotted me and conveyed his discovery to his co-workers, who then in turn had to "check out the babe" This time the antics lasted well over 25 miles. I think the worst part of this so called situation is when they do the passing, they tend to forget which lane they are supposed to be traveling in. Sometimes they ease into my lane with me, but even better than that is when they ease off the edge of the roadway! That snaps em' back into reality. Once they drop a few tires off the pavement, they usually get embarrassed and drive away.

When I started this post I admit that I was complaining about the situation, but now upon finishing it, I once again see the humor in it. If only it did not happen on a regular basis!

I also am not intending to give male truckers a bad rap. It is only about 10% who carry on this idiotic behavior...

6 comments:

Angel said...

You need to stop being so darn cute!! :D

Terry said...

You know yourself Angel, that at 5' cuteness is a way of life...Ohhh to be taller. J/K I am very pleased with my heighth.

Angel said...

Me too.... good things come in small packages. And we are no exception babe!

Terry said...

Amen Sister!!

Ginger said...

What you need is a good Halloween mask. Then when the second trucker comes along you could put it on and he would think his buddy was crazy. Or alternately, he would think you were psycho. Either way it would be good for a laugh.

Terry said...

Yes G, I have considered this option several times!! I thought about getting a witches mask (you know the one with the big wart on the nose)...