Jan 12, 2007

Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies...

I am over last weeks disappointment brought on by the Fisherman's lies. But not before I got a little revenge action in.. Hee hee hee

On my home on Tuesday, I ran into a little bit of snowy weather. As much as this excited me, I knew that the Fisherman would be very concerned about this situation. So I gave him a little phone call. Now , he was travelling approximately 5 hours behind me and weather conditions can change dramatically in that time frame... My first call was primarily to alert him of potential wintry conditions.. " You better hurry up, its snowing like a S O B down here!!!" My second phone call further stressed the situation by elaborating on the severity of the situation.. "Yep, still snowing and coming down pretty hard for at least a hundred miles!!" Next call was to inform him that the interstate was shut down (just passed the Exit to turn and head home) due to a major accident involving several vehicles.. Icy road conditions were responsible.. My final phone call was to notify him that "Virginia has brought out the Salt Shakers"



Virginia normally does not bring out the snowplow/salt spreader until after the second major snowfall of the season.. UNLESS, they are expecting severe snow storms!!
So with all that being said, I continued merrily on towards the house... The seed was planted.
Guess what folks!! My friend , the Fisherman, then proceeded to alter his course and ended up driving from Harrisburg, PA back to Baltimore before heading South to the Greater ATL.... Although it was only 50 miles further, I took great pleasure in knowing I had "Got one over on him".
Truth is, there were some snow flurries, but not enough to issue travel advisories... No impending blizzard in sight.

3 comments:

LID said...

Ah, what's that I smell... the sweetness that is revenge? How sweet it is!

Angel said...

*chuckle*

That is so funny. So you end up in PA? That's cool. I'm in the Pittsburgh area (north of it.)

Way to pull one over on him! Did he say anything the next time you saw him?

Terry said...

Pa, usually every week, but I tend to hang out on the eastern side..

Actually, Angel, he still believes he dodged a bullet!! I dont have the heart to tell him otherwise.