Mar 22, 2008

On The Move

I was just sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and surfing the Internets, when I notice a moving van pull up outside. (I live in a Gated Apartment Community) So. I am thinking, "Wow, that was fast"


Last week, one of the tenants in my building had moved out. This week a different unit has become available, and next week my neighbor is leaving also..... That is 3 units in a single building in a 3 week period.


I can't say that I blame them for leaving.. It is a nice community, but they are increasing the cost of living here...No, they cannot randomly charge you more on your lease, (mine did go $25 last year), but they have found other ways to require you to pay mo' money. For example, our water, sewage and trash are all billed by an outside company, but paid directly to the Complex. You just include it in your rent payment each month. When I first moved in, my additional bill was only about $20 a month. It is a pay per usage, so I expected it to be low seeing as how I am only home 30% of the time. Then they decided to offer a new amenity..... Valet Trash Service...


Valet Trash Service ?! Sunday through Thursday, they come around and collect your garbage from a little container that they have provided for you to sit outside your doorway between 6 and 8 pm. Nice, no more putting those bags in the back of the Pony Car, except.... I am not home Sunday through Wednesday. I carry my trash out before I leave each week, so there is no garbage to be picked up when I return home on Thursday...Therefore making the Valet Trash Service completely useless to me. But it is a $25 dollar service that you are REQUIRED to pay for...... grrrrrrr....... no exceptions!


Then, a few months ago, they decided to change the billing company of our water, sewer and trash usage. The new company requires us to pay a flat rate for the service, along with a usage rate on top of that. Sure, it is only a few extra dollars a day, but there are 365 days in a year....


Add to that the ever increasing fuel costs, and it does not look like I am making any headway when it comes to my dream of purchasing a home when I move to Bama...... Maybe I should call Fannie Mae.


But back to my original thought of the morning..... While I am excited about moving, I completely dread the work that will be put into it packing all the stuff. I don't want to keep doing this every 2-3 years...And the guy who is moving out this morning.... He has only been here TWO MONTHS.....At least he has lots of friends to help........ okay, so I was not actually awake when the commotion began this morning, but there is nothing like a large group of testosterone filled males to get your morning started.. Seriously, each guy could carry one item and have the place cleaned out.


And one final thought.......


With all of those who have decided to move, the parking area will at least be more readily available to me (I have in the past few months had difficulty finding a parking spot in the wee hours of the morning) and it will also make it a whole helluva lot easier for that little Birdie Bastard to find my car!! Yes, folks, he is back at it again!!

No comments: