Mar 7, 2008

That Pesky Co Worker

Yes, I am HER!!





After years of explaining poor loading structures and just plain stupid loads, I have opted to illustrate my concerns.





At first, I was presenting these illustrations to my Boss, who informed me he would pass them along to all who deemed appropriate.





Whatever......





Not that he wasn't passing them along, but they just never made it to the Appropriate Person.





The AP asked me about the pictures I was handing out and stated that he has never seen one of them or heard any of my complaints, so he requested I hand them directly to him in the future. He is after all in charge of all loading procedures, hence he would be the Appropriate Person.





But I am not typically a complainer, so why should I bitch?





If any of this freight ever fell off the truck, just who do you think would be sued? Not the person who loaded it 1200 miles away... Nope!! So, I am just trying to protect my assets.





Here is this weeks batch of complaints, a compilation of the past few weeks, but I thought it would be great to document .






Do you really think that this will ride 1000 miles without falling over?


Notice the narrow bundle ? Yeah, that is a good foundation!

Especially when the wide bundle has very little material underneath to hold up the opposite end.


These are just not packaged well, but with no center support and only one strap holding it in place, it only leads to frustration 1300 bumpy miles later.


Especially when the edges have slide out past the curtain railing. Notice how the boards are jutting out past the rail on the edge of the trailer. That rail is the track upon which the curtain slides. I had to pry the curtain open, only took an additional forty five minutes just to open the trailer. After which the metal slowing continued shifting to the point of no stability.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Wow. THe Talker could load you up better than that and have you on your way, with a SACK LUNCH to boot!

maddie said...

holy crap! that loading is awful!! i hope the AP does something about it and soon!

Sally said...

Wow. I can't believe they would really load it like that!! And besides the obvious safety issue - wouldn't that damage the product?? Amazing that you have to take pictures to convince people how bad it is, huh?

Love Bears All Things said...

What a mess! Or they trying to load in the order of unload or something?
Mama Bear

Liöüx said...

Sometimes pesky Co-Workers aren't all so bad.

Terry said...

Uh iMike, Sack Lunch is not on the menu!

Right Shell, but the sad truth is that nothing has been done in the past 6 years, so I don't expect much to change. I just hope the photos manage to muster up a little more concern about it.

Yes, Sally it does damage some of the product, another emphasis I try to stress to them in hopes of a better load. But alas, at the end of my deliveries I have to go and pick up damaged material from previous loads....Oh, well it pays me more, but a relentless cycle anyways.

Mama Bear, they do have to load in the order it is to be delivered, but some of their choices are still damaging and unsafe.... Most of my customers would not mind having to move a few extra bundles to get to their material if it meant the product would not be damaged.

I know Lioux, I thought of you and the DYD gang when I chose my title..