Mar 6, 2008

Myspace Strikes Again....

All the excitement about MySpace sure did fade quickly, especially since I added a little extra security to my Space...





But every once in a blue moon, I get a friend request that tends to add a little excitement to my day. This week was no exception.





I got another request from a girl belonging to my yesteryear..... Siouxsie....... (Seriously, Lioux, she went through a phase of using the spelling in her everyday day life). Anywho... It turns out she lives relatively close to me and we are going to plan a girlie weekend. To top it off, she lives on the coast....This girl was larger than life (personality wise) during a time that I was very shy, so it will be interesting to see what happens when she meets the new me!





I am very excited!!





and speaking of going to visit long lost friends.. I never mentioned the outcome of my November visit to Texas. Let's just say that I really enjoyed visiting BFF BK.

2008

1989
I was able to spend several days with him and his roommate. I just loved his roommate!! I am hoping to visit again soon, but as far as getting together with my BFF MK, well, she cancelled plans with me 2 nights in a row, and when we finally did get together, it was only for lunch on my way back to the airport. We did have a delightful chat reminiscing about the golden days, but I noticed that it took her quite some time to open up to me and realize that I meant no ill intentions. You see, we went through some life changing events together as teenagers, and a lot of blame was placed on me by her mother. I suppose I could have held her accountable for not being honest with her parents, but does it really matter now, twenty years later... Ummmm NO!! So, I was a little disappointed that she was so wary of me, but in the end I guess it was a good experience to have had. I did realize that she had become someone that I would not have seeked out to be a close friend with in this stage of my life, but it was fun to catch up.



Oh yeah.... while visiting BK, he took me to have lunch with his parents... I loved his mother so much when I was a child, so it was great to see her also. She is opening a B & B soon, so maybe next time,I will stay at her place......



2 comments:

Sally said...

Did she spell her name like that after Siouxsie and the Banshees?? Remember them??

Terry said...

Yes, she did, but only for a year or so!!

I believe I changed the spelling of my name several times also, which lead to the eventual misspelling on my high school diploma... ugh...